Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
N
Right now I'm a couch potato and haven't gotten out much. I blame Junior and the cosmos. But usually I:

Hike
Walk around the neighborhood
Climb (nothing steep--Stone Mountain in Georgia)
Swim

As you can tell, I like outdoor exercise more. What do you all do to get fit?

Karen
Nerd Writer Mom
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Tai Chi
Yoga
Heavy Bag
Walking (outdoors and treadmill)
Juggling
Lifting weights

I think that's it... I'm drawing a blank so it must me. LOL

N
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
N
Hi Moe,

I did Tai Chi years ago, the short form...it did permanent things for my sense of balance. I still like to ride the bus without holding onto the bars...

You juggle? Sounds awfully fun. Um. I can juggle two balls. Slowly. It impresses Junior, and that's about it. Anyone who can juggle three or more objects amazes me.

Yoga I never could master, somehow. I think it requires a calmer personality than I am.

What is heavy bag?

Karen
Nerd Writer Mom

Being Fit and Fat
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Last edited by nerdwritermom; 12/03/08 06:25 PM.
Tiger
Tiger
I've been juggling since June of this year. And it is probably easier for some than it is for me. I can juggle three but heaven forbid if something should distract me... like breathing. LOL. It's a surprisingly good work out.

I wouldn't consider myself a yoga master but I have been doing it for over five years on my own.

A heavy bag is a 70lb bag that is attached to the ceiling and you hit it with your fists. An excellent stress reliever as well strengthening upper body muscles.

N
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
nerdwritermom
Unregistered
N
Ah, also called a punching bag! I can see how that and the juggling would take some real upper body strength.

The baby seems to be pushing the limit for me; lifting him is about all I can manage. The good news is that he's starting to toddle. Which means soon I can let my upper body atrophy all I want!!!

Five years doing yoga...that takes discipline. I've heard of the word, but I keep forgetting what it means...;)

Karen
Nerd Writer Mom

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
I like to Stairmaster one day and then weight train the net day by either doing lower body work out or an upper body work out. I alternate that schedule pretty much every other day. I also walk the dog 20 minutes every day, if she'll go. And I meditate every day too (but that's not exercising). smile

Tiger
Tiger
Usually, when I say punching bag people think I'm talking about a speed bag so I can't win. smile

Actually, it's probably longer than five years. My internal calendar isn't so great. Like when I constantly forget how old I am. :0

I like to think of mediating as exercising the mind. We spend so much time letting our minds run around like a hamster it definitely is exercise for it to sit still. LOL.

Gecko
Gecko
Right now my fingers get more exercise than my feet do....sadly. I use to belong to a gym and went almost everyday till they moved cross town and now I just can't seem to get there so I let my membership lapse. I like walking but the neighborhood is not that great for walking and then there is the weather factor (oops do I see too many excuses here)

J
J
Right now I'm doing the Leslie Sansone walking tapes. Great for getting a workout in the privacy of your home. I like to get out in the trees and walk too, but don't always have the time to get there.

I love to swim, but that's another activity I have to leave home for.

Wow, sounds like I need to get out more! smile

Jan

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
The past two or three years it has been mostly walking (btw i used to think walking was not an exercise - its someone on this website that made me realise it is).

I was lucky that it was only at the start of my thirties that I gained weight, it was in my tummy and the moment I saw that I started exercising every day before showering. Before that I did not play a sport or exercise and I also did not diet but I was not a total coach potato. I love walking and it has always been like that so I walked often for long periods even (once walked from Longueuil to my house in Saint-Hubert with a friend after we came out from seeing a movie - it took me 3 hours and a half and 1 hour before i came back home my friend arrived at hers ~ later we walked from Brossard to her home which was about 2 hours) plus I spent many Summers on a bike as a kid (until it broke and my parents did not have the $ to buy me another 1) then two Summers on rollerblades plus the Winters the park near my house had ice paths I ice skated there often for hours at a time.

I soon will start exercising again every day and when I won't I will spend my days outside walking, biking, rollerblading, ice skating and probably other things.

Moderated by  Nicole - Large & Lovely 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.