Next Thread
Print Thread
#902188 10/27/15 05:11 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Our personal lives and friendships need to be protected from misspoken or malicious words. Gossip is like a tiny mischievous creature waiting to disrupt our lives, and destroy our friendships. While we can’t control the words of others, we can control our own words and avert the gossip gremlin.

Gossip Can Be A Gremlin

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
This is a great article Chel.

I was recently watching my new favorite tv show, Jane the Virgin. There is this scene where her father tweets gossip about one of his super star friends - the reason he does this is to take attention off of something else he'd tweeted, that ended up hurting his daughter.

I LOVE how you call Gossip a Gremlin - cuz that's what it is. It may start out harmful enough, but can escalate, even if that was never our intention.

Thanks so much for sharing that!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Deanna! And for the record, Jane the Virgin is my new favorite show. I have not reached that episode yet.

Gossip is horrible, I have dealt with it as a teen and an adult. I did not want to sound preachy in this piece, just to bring awareness.

Thank you again for your comment!

(By the way, I heard on The Facebook that you are getting two scary clowns!)

Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I am pretty picky when it comes to my Facebook Newsfeed. And EXTREMELY picky when it comes to my Facebook Timeline. In a heart beat, I will delete what seems to be a bit of gossip whether it's about a friend or even a celebrity from my Timeline. On my newsfeed, I will simply mark that I don't want to see it, or ignore it if it's something that keeps being posted. (Some things just go viral, you know?)

What about you? Have you ever had to delete what appears to be gossip from your Facebook page?

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA Chel, well, the rumors of my scary clowns were great exaggerated wink

I edit a lot of stuff out my newsfeed too. I "unfollow" certain people too, and never see anything they post, at all, because they post so many negative things!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Deanna:
Hear ye, Hear ye!
I have unfollowed people as well because I don't want gloom, despair, meanness, and negativity all over my page. I also have people who have pages that show they have a wonderful and rich fulfilling life and sometimes in my darker moments have made myself feel bad about not having such things to post. Has this ever happened to you?

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.