Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
I
Shark
Shark
I
I am loving this topic and I'll tell ya why. Every one seems to have a different opinion... and they are ALL the right one! I think that's super! I never wanted to use red for my regular entries, but I did use it for emphasis or decoration, and I find that I am the same way in my computer journaling. Oh, and one caveat about using ballpoint ink. It is oil-based, and over time some ballpoint inks will disintegrate, making them hard to read on the paper becaue the oil will sink through, kind of like a grease spot on paper. Some of my ancient journals (30 years +) are nearly illegible. DON'T use a ballpoint!

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just looked up gel ink because I've been curious about it. In fact it appears gel ink is much stronger than other inks on the market, and longer lasting! From one sales page:

"Retractable gel ink pen with specially formulated water-resistant ink that helps prevent �check washing�. Check washing is a common form of check fraud where criminals steal checks from the mail and erase the ink on checks using common household cleaning solutions. Criminals can then re-write the check to themselves for any amount. The refillable pen includes a latex free grip for added writing comfort."

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Also if you look at Wikipedia on gel pens, they say that gel inks can't be analyzed by the Secret Service because the pigments don't dissolve. So that's bad for them but it seems really good for us!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
I
Shark
Shark
I
Another warning about ballpoint ink... NEVER write on the back of a photograph with a ballpoint! None of your "Me and Whatsisname, the Hamptons, 1983" in ballpoint ink. It WILL ruin your picture, for the reason(s) I stated above. Which is too bad because I really do love the feel of a good ballpoint pen, the smoothness of it.

Be Well,
Doxi
Founder & Chief Whiner
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
N
N
I have never looked at that color being negative in any way.

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Online Content
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Just thinking about reading a journal in red makes my eyes water. I find red ink hard to read, though it's good for emphasis. I like using red for editing. Because of the way it stands out I don't miss changes in punctuation.

K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
I found this post interesting because I have had the same reluctance to practice meditations involving the Goddess Kali. Her iconography scares me. Strangely enough, I was 'tricked' into a meditation to Her at Yoga Journal Live - the meditation involved her under a different name (the Hindu Blue Tara). I was amazed at how much I received from the experience. I've since read more about Kali and am endeavoring to not block this from my path any more.

So (to bring the discussion back to red ink), perhaps trying it will release some block within you. Or perhaps you might work with why you don't want to work with red (if that makes sense at all)?

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  kkgarcia 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.