#901562 10/15/15 07:39 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Deanna, I came across this on fb and thought of you. You are an optimistic person. So many others are not. This video is a wonderful resource for living a happier life. (YOU probably do most of this already.)
Living a life in balance to find happiness

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh! My! Gosh! Connie, that is absolutely the most delightful and fun video ever!! I just LOVE what he has to say about happiness.

I know too many people who blame their unhappiness on other people! It's just so sad.

We have EVERYTHING we need within us already - we were created in the image of our creator - and that's not a physical image, it's a spiritual image. We were created to create! That means happiness is part of us too.

Thank you so much for sharing that laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By Deanna - New Age
I know too many people who blame their unhappiness on other people! It's just so sad.

I am guilty of this because when another person who is in your life and is acting up, then it's very difficult to be in a place of happiness.

The saying is you can't change how other people act, but you can change your response to it, is a bunch of poo! That only works if the other person has no real meaning in your life.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Alice - Weight Loss; 10/19/15 04:03 AM.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Alice - Weight Loss
Originally Posted By Deanna - New Age

I am guilty of this because when another person who is in your life and is acting up, then it's very difficult to be in a place of happiness.

The saying is you can't change how other people act, but you can change your response to it, is a bunch of poo! That only works if the other person has no real meaning in your life.

Thoughts?

Alice, this is something I've thought about for a long time, because yes, absolutely, when someone is in our lives, yet they act up, it can cause us a lot of unhappiness.

And I've had someone like this in my life for a very long time now. For a while I blamed my unhappiness on this other person's behavior. Then one day it dawned on me that if this person was the one in charge of making sure I was happy, well, then I would never be happy.

I tell ya, that realization was a flippen' eye-opener. I had to really look at their behavior, and how much of it did I allow? Was I speaking up? Was I tolerating? Was there something I could change myself? Was there something I could ask them to change? I had to decide to change what I could - because YES, if there is something they are doing that CAN be changed, I am all for that! What could I change in myself? And, then I had to figure out what I just simply had to accept. And sometimes there's just stuff that has to be accepted.

If you watch the video that Connie shared, a lot of those things he suggests, I've done for quite a while now, and it really, really has made a difference.

Now is my life stress free? Absolutely not!! I cried for like two hours on Saturday because I was just so flippen' depressed. And sometimes that's what we have to do - honor the emotional pain that we may experience.

But Saturday did teach me something also, about something that I was tolerating that was emotionally painful. Once I had a good cry, it was clear, and - though my previous tendency would have been to wait for things to fall into place - to let someone else fix things - THIS time I took action myself, for myself. And I feel a HUGE relief!!

This has gotten really long, but in short (finally) yes Alice, I do believe that we can be in charge of our happiness.

I just discovered though that so often, when I was unhappy, it was because I thought making a change would upset the other person (and it often does!). So I'd keep quiet, becoming more, and more unhappy.

Anyway, that's my experience wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Deanna for sharing.

You are right, of course. However, that is part of our life's journey ... learning to find happiness within despite the external situation.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oy, that's for sure, right Alice?

And I am constantly being reminded of this smile But, I am grateful that I notice it faster than I used to.

I keep being reminded that life is a series of course-corrections.

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
The mind is so strange and amazing. Whatever we focus on we create from. If we are always expecting bad things we won't even see the good things that are there. I find that gratitude journals are so good to keep us on track.

Its true others do affect us, and it doesn't always feel like a choice of how we react cos we can feel so beaten down by other people we just resign ourself to more of the same and respond in the same way rather than challenging them about their behaviour we close down and change our behaviour

You've given me an idea for an article smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.