Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I was browsing through one of our supermarkets today and in the specialty row (gluten-free etc) there was a section on tea. A large selection of Yogi brand was there.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie!

Excellent find! This has actually been a question posed of late! Generally gluten is described as: ingredients relating to wheat,barley, rye and oats. If your tea is from the camellia sinensis plant/shrub this is real tea i.e. black & green tea Do Not contain gluten!

But herbal teas do because they are made with ingredients that contain these.

****An interesting thing however, is the so called "cross contaminate" where teas are processed in areas where other teas are processed, and or going into a tea shop/salon/store/restaurant and the barista or clerk using tongs or other tea items that previously were used to obtain other tea Containing gluten!****

this could be an issue this is a new area of study and research. Thank you for bringing it up!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
What?? Herbal teas may have gluten? I had no idea! My favorite tea is Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings. I haven't noticed that it ever bothers me. Though, I have noticed that regular ol' Lipton can make me feel too acidic.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Deanna,

Yes it appears that many foods once thought good for everyone may contain gluten and as the research continues, one can see that more research needs to be done.

It does appear that a "cross contamination" issue may even exist. I will have to do more research, but this could be great as an upcoming one. Thank you.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Tea readers,

Please tell me that you all have noticed a small (if not big one in some stores) difference when going to your tea aisle in the store!

What I am currently seeing is a shift in not just the amount of but the selection and the brand names that have been showing up in the tea aisle!

I think, at least here in America, we may be embracing loose teas and tea specifics (things that are blends and types of teas) as well as tea bags a little more.

If you have seen a shift in your stores let me know.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Food Lion carries a limited amount of tea. Martins (a Giant store) carries a larger selection. I have not noticed an increase in loose tea. I will check around though. Perhaps some stores are competing with Teavanna.

A
Angie Online Content OP
Chimpanzee
OP Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
I didn't find this in a supermarket; found it in my mailbox because my daughter sent me an early Christmas gift.

Bigalow Tea - Girl Scout Tea - a box each of Thin Mint and Coconut Caramel.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

The changes are ever so subtle. Sometimes stores will have a suggestion box or an online comments section. It is ok to ask your store to think about carrying something that you like to consume.

They may even stock it just for you!! Merry Christmas and Keep drinking your tea!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Angie,

What a fabulous Christmas surprise!! That's a wonderful gift to receive, how nice. I have asked my youngest child for tea we'll see what he may have come up with!

Let me know how you liked the Girl Scout Tea! It's something new and I'd love to hear about it's flavor etc.!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2016

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Tea Readers,

Look for clearence bins/baskets in your supermarket or store....

if you love things like pumpkin in your tea..since they are "seasonal" they may have that type of tea reduced at very low prices because right now everything is "peppermint" etc.!!

Also baking needs such as pumpkin scones, quick bread mixes that say "thanksgiving" instead of xmas, price reductions there too!

I always buy the seasonal items because they are tasty anytime of the year. It's nice to wake up to cinnamon or pumpkin spice anything and most things with have a year or so before the item actually expires.

Have fun shopping and enjoying your sales!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.