Print Thread
#886418 02/07/15 07:17 AM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi Everybody,

It's not long now before you can eat chocolate officially and blame it squarely on poor old St. Valentine (well sort of).

Anyway, here is a reminder of what was said in this forum back in 2013 - and I thought I would re-post it ... could be that there is still time to do something for the Container Gardener or Significant Other in your life.

Hello there all Romantics (me too),

What are you planning for your Valentine? 14th February will be here sooner than you blink! In any event RED is the colour not so?

There are all sorts of things a person can do with little imagination and not everything needs to cost what single red rose is likely to cost from the general vendors at this time of year either!

What ideas could you come up for the container gardeners in your life?

How about one or a mix 'n match of these ...

* If you're lucky enough to have a RED ROSE from one your own-grown containers, well then there is the intro to the chockies and dinner date.

* A potted red-hearted Bromeliad with a white stone chips surround in a nice red porcelain pot. Easy to look after and will remind him-her of you for much longer than just Feb 14th.

* A small gardening tool set with red handles - I am sure you will have fun looking for them and giving them along with a small red notebook for going to the nursery-garden centre with.

* A wall plaque (home made by your crafty hands) with our favourite saying like that Robbie Burns one "My love is like a red red rose ...

* A red painted trug to carry around tools with a red sun hat of sorts or a pair of red checkered (gingham) gardening gloves.

* A gardening notebook into which you have written all your favourite red flowers and plants and veges etc. Maybe some seeds or bulbs (where appropriate)

* A nice new reference gardening book wrapped in a red kerchief (a la John Wayne) for those hot days in the 'garden'

No Money?

* Beg borrow or find a checkered table cloth and just make a sweet tea-for-two with some strawberry scones and a smile or so.

Got a 'partner' who is just not into gardening?

* Have he-she around anyway to spend some quality time in your spruced up container space!

Alone this year?

No matter - do something special for yourself!

What ideas do you have that you have planned or are thinking about?

Tell us please and have a

H A P P Y
V A L E N T I N E ' S
D A Y

anyway.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Okay so Valentine's Day has long gone or is still long to come, but there are other 'theme' or red-letter days or big time holidays rushing up towards us with Halloween and Thanksgiving to start, and the year-end celebrations following soon on these.

No, I am not wishing time passes too quickly - I love the build up to all, but when it comes to planning for containers and seasonal changes and gifts and gardening - time is needed.

What are you planning for your last three months of 2015 in your gardening life?

What ideas do you have that you will be doing differently this year?

Are you thinking of growing some Halloween theme pots for any reason? If so, what plants will you choose?

Phew! All these questions.

Cheers for now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.