C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hello!

Here is my first article! Mindfulness practices can be beneficial to positive behaviour and understanding yourself. I have written an article that offers some tips and ideas about how to bring mindfulness into your life.

Mindfulness To Help Change Thought Patterns

Hope it helps. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks, Tracy

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Nice article! I have struggled with the awful habit of accusing the universe of letting "Life" do this or do that to me. Yet, never really trying to take control of the thoughts I am not only sending myself, but to the universe as well. I wish that I had learned MANY years ago how to change my direction of thinking. Now I'm learning, I fail, I fall, I stand up, and I try again. I often win.

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your comments. It is so easy to get caught in that blaming the universe way of thinking. I think that the spiritual path has set a lot of us up to feel like we failed. We are promised all the good things in life when we believe and trust the universe and when we look at our life and those things are not apparent we feel like we failed. I know so many people who have fallen into this trap and who feel depressed and worthless. Taking each day and each moment as it comes, being grateful for what we do have and being in the present is the best way to gauge how our life is and how good you feel about it and yourself. Life is ups and downs and will never be constant so its more about enjoying the steps and the journey than always trying to reach a place where we've 'made it". Its great that you are trying - falling and standing up again - its all we can do. I hope you have some supportive friends and family around you to keep you on track.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Tracy, I really enjoyed your article.

I do believe believe we live in a loving and supportive universe, and still find myself shouting "WTH??" when things don't go my way LOL!!

It's very helpful to center, breathe, and bring myself back from that, just because it feels awful to be freaking out.

And I love the power of gratitude.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Deanna,

Glad you liked the article smile You made me laugh shouting at the universe - we all do it! Yes gratitude is so important. It's amazing how where you put your thoughts and attention really changes the experiences you have smile

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMGosh, yes, right? laugh

Yesterday my daughter and I were talking about perception. We've been reading the book "Illusion" by Richard Bach together, and the author mentions how this life is an illusion. So, we talked about perceptions, and how we could both go to, say, the same event, but have a different experience. It's perception. Or, that we could have a bad experience, but later something to be grateful for. Illusion because we can change our perceptions about our experiences.

Life is so fluid laugh

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hi Deanne,

I love that book! Illusions is one of my favourites smile Life is so subjective and we are just making it up according to our beliefs, experiences and confirmation biases. How can we ever know what 'reality' is? We can only know our version not THE version - if there is one...

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I know, right smile

Back into 2007 I got into this thing called Complaint Free Living because life is really all about shifting our perspective, but we have to do it through making choices. We have to shift our perspective to be free to live the greatest version of life. It's a choice.

Choice is a super power HA HA!!! It's shifts our perspective.

We may as well just choose to see a friendly Universe smile

Last edited by Deanna - New Age; 10/02/15 05:17 AM.

Deanna Joseph

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Hiya smile Gonna check out the complaint free living link - thanks for that!

It is amazing how life shows up according to your expectations of it - it's as if we can only see what we have programmed ourselves to receive and can't let in an alternative. Even when 'good' things are happening we can't see them because we are expecting 'bad' things so we only see the 'bad' things to re-inforce our belief.

Cat Hamilton
Meditation

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OMGosh Tracy, I had so much fun doing the complaint free program - I now do it a couple of times a year.

The goal is to go 21 days without complaining. You wear a purple bracelet on your wrist to remind you. If you complain, switch bracelet to the other wrist, and start over smile My first time, it took me like 8 months, or something crazy long!!! The last time I did it in 21 days! I was gobsmacked!!!

I've decided to start that again because I have two elderly relatives I have to manage care for. One of them can be very mean and self-centered. I found myself yesterday, after a bout of her nastiness, feeling very sorry for myself, and complaining!! OY the complaining! Suddenly everything felt so off!!!

It's an awful feeling to think the world is out to crush you. And it's really not my belief - I do believe in a friendly Universe, and normally that's my experience. Complaint free helps me a lot when things are tough.

Deanna Joseph

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.