Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
OP Offline
B
Hi
How come no one mentions the following?
Because of it there will be no more salmon for me-ever! Moreover, the same condition seems to exist in so many sea food items I may just have to stop it altogether!
Too bad too as the items I like the most seem to have the most issues..

I have seen too much written about almost universal content of worms.
All say for the need to freeze and then thoroughly cook to be sure there is no danger!
Ugh, frozen and cooked worms-not for me, grilled, fried, broiled or otherwise, including raw.

A web search for salmon and worms just brings up page after page of the info...

Looking for some comments.
Thanks
Bob

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
If we're going to complain about organics in other organics, then most food has bug parts on it, most things that go through factories have mouse bits, water we drink has fish pee and poop in it smile. Animals we eat are going to have parasites and things in them. It's just a fact of life. What meat do you feel is 100% clean of anything else in it?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
B
OP Offline
B
Hi Lisa

First, I am not looking for anything 100%.
That being said, it appears the seafood I read about needs to be frozen to minus 10 degrees then thawed and cooked completely. The articles mentioned specifics seafood and not others, which seemed a bit goofy at best. However, I can only go by what I read.
Granted, meats seem to have issues too, but, none tell us to freeze the pieces to a very low temp for quite a period of time and then cook it completely.
I am not a seafood hater but did not care for what I read-hence the note.
I do not like the idea of encapsulating live items in ice, then thawing, cooking and eating whatever is left. We all feel differently and I know nothing is perfect, but I need to do what I think is better for me and my well being.
All the above withstanding, I wonder about eating Sushi...

I also wonder why there are not major efforts by the big companies to produce lower carb(sugared) products? I use the Breyers Low Carb Ice Cream(yes, the sugar alcohol has after effects) with a net 10 carb per serving but find the market and flavor availability poor. However, I recently found Breyers and others make a no sugar added variety with either 10 or 9 gram per serving content--now the ice cream market has opened a bit for me. Where is our wonderful AMA advising the biggies to cut down on sugar?

Anyway.

Thanks for your time and all your efforts.
Bob

ps, without Dreamfields there could not be a low carb solution for me-I know there are issues with it too...

Moderated by  Lisa LowCarb 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.