Print Thread
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
ITV has released a trailer online for Downton Abbey Season 6. The final season of the series is set in the year 1925. The trailer does not reveal much, but it looks as if Downton will be either sold or closed, with the family and servants going their own ways. The series will debut in the UK on Sept. 20th. It will be shown in the US on PBS stations, starting Jan. 3rd, 2016.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Angelo, do you remember Upstairs Downstairs - an old drama series that also ended years ago when I was younger. I know sometimes actors need to move on and writers become stagnant...but some things should never end!

A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Hi Allyson,

"Downton Abbey" does resemble "Upstairs, Downstairs", but I have to confess that I like "Downton" much better. The good news for fans is that it is likely there will be a "Downton Abbey" feature film. The producers are hinting that the movie would take place sometime around the 1929 stock market crash, as the series will end in the year 1925.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
M
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
M
The trailer does hint at the loss of Downton. The staff start new lives and the family scatter, too. As long as the Dowager doesn't die on screen, I'm okay with anything else.

Allyson, I liked Upstairs, Downstairs. Have you tried doing a near straight rewatch over a weekend? It's engrossing as long as I leave modern values and attitudes behind while I'm watching. Every character was fleshed out. It was grittier than Downton certainly.

Maria S. Cuasay
Computer Careers Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
No I haven't tried doing a rewatch, but I surely might!

M
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
M
Have you watched the "reboot" Upstairs Downstairs that aired about 2010-2012? It's set in Eaton Place but doesn't include the Bellamy family. The reviews were not favorable.

Of the original cast, I know that Eileen Atkins and Simon Williams (James) are still in the business. Simon is a lead in the Big Finish audio series Countermeasures. So not everything ends!

Maria S. Cuasay
Computer Careers Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/13/24 08:03 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/10/24 08:39 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/06/24 02:11 PM
Curiosity and Learning
by Angie - 04/06/24 09:56 AM
Easy to Sew Pillowcases
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/03/24 04:38 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/31/24 01:10 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.