Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Angels were created by God to be messengers of His love and protection.

Angels, Archangels, and Guardian Angels

Please read my latest article on the Spirituality site. Your feedback is always welcome!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
L
Can you believe in angels, but still feel like GOD isn't involved in the day to day life of mortals?

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
LadyTess.....thank you for your post.

It is my belief that God is present but not involved in our day to day lives for the purpose of interference. The world is not always a pleasant place, and we are all gifted with free will, so any number of things can happen to us mortals on any given day. Often times we create our own stresses for different reasons based on the choices we've made, even though that wasn't our intent. Living as a spiritual being in a physical human body and dealing with the egos of humanity certainly has its challenges. It is part of our learning and soul developmental process, and that often makes no sense at all until some time has passed and we can review the entire picture.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
L
L
Thank you Debbie for that insightful & personal belief. You are the first person who seems to know what it is that believe & hasn't called me crazy for it. lol.
I appreciate the knowledge. Thank you again.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Of course you are not crazy, LadyTess! I certainly understand why you feel the way you do. Life is not easy, and not meant to be, even if we think other people have it so much better than we do. Things are not always what they seem to be, however, so we must be careful not to assume anything about other people's lives, and not make comparisons to anyone either. Each person as their own purpose and their own road to follow, so making comparisons between yourself and someone else would be a waste of time.

It is common to question if God is with us or not. So many bad things happen in the world, and bad things do happen to good people. Like I said before, sometimes we bring it upon ourselves by the choices we have made, and sometimes things happen we just don't see coming. It is how we handle these things that will determine our growth and our acquisition of knowledge and strength. I believe that our life stories are predestined and thought out ahead of time before we get to this world. We can make decisions that will alter our lives a bit from the plan, but ultimately we will live out our lives the way we are supposed to in order to learn, experience, and do what we came here to do. It won't always be a party, though.

As far as God goes, you just have to keep the faith and know that ultimately He is good and He wants what is best for us. But like a good Father, He won't let us get away easy if something more difficult would teach us a better lesson. Pray and believe. Every situation is temporary and change is inevitable. Like they say "This too shall pass."

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
D
D
Interesting writing with spiritual touch. Thumbs Up!

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you, DeEden. I appreciate your comments smile

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
Good thread to read and ponder. I was raised to believe that the price of free will is the existence of evil - if we are given a choice, we can choose badly. I would agree that God is present and that we can access Him/Her/It/Them if we try, but that there is a 'non-interference rule' in place to allow us to learn what we need to learn and to grow spiritually. It doesn't always make sense to me, but if God is really Almighty and All-Powerful, how am I (a three dimensional human limited to what I experience here on earth) going to completely understand?

Also, we have to remember that prayer is answered - and that 'no' or 'not yet' or 'wait it out for something better' are all answers. I struggle with this a great deal.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Thank you for your comments, Korie.

It can certainly be tough when our prayers are not answered in the way we asked for or expected. We just have to have faith that we are in the right place at the right time and all that happens is meant to be. Perhaps if we don't take everything so personally we can be more objective and get the message or lesson out of the situation instead that situation taking us down. It is not easy to think this way, but it might make the difficulties of life a little easier to take.

Last edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor; 07/29/15 02:41 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.