Next Thread
Print Thread
#896544 07/16/15 06:51 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
We come closer to our holistic self when we accurately report on our actions, and act on what we say.

My article:

Issues With Contradiction

Contradiction is a combination of contra meaning going another way, and diction as in speaking.

Contradiction on the individual level is when what we say doesn't match how we act. We come closer to our holistic self when we accurately report on our actions, and act on what we say. An example is espousing that overeating is bad for health and then over-indulging regularly.

In a debate opposing points of view are welcome. But in normal conversation it is uncomfortable when used to supersede another's opinion to a third person or group. It is then being used as a way of asserting ego, an effort to make the words of the one contradicting seem better.

In family situations

In family situations it is charitable to keep quiet at the time, and later discuss differences privately. Verbal self-control is an antidote for verbal contradiction. Why subterfuge another to gain a moment's importance if it means someone loses face?

The spiritual solution is to keep kindness and a broad perspective in mind when conversing, even if you feel your facts are more accurate.

Meditation's role

The conscious expansion that develops from meditation helps us gain mastery over discrepancies between our words and actions. Meditation opens our inner and outer doorways so we can see that we are all related leaves on the tree of creation, nurtured from the shared roots of the universe.

Meditation relaxes us in our interactions in the world by opening us to the warm, harmonious feelings of connection with each other. Meditation gives us peace of mind and strength to act for the highest benefit of our self, others, and everything.

Meditation helps us become whole in body, emotion, mind, spirit, thus closing the gap between contradictions that may tempt us to see ourselves as less than part of a universal family.

Meditation is part of practical spirituality
Practical because it is useful in daily interaction
With people and everything in the world
We are reborn of the highest spirit
When choosing to act with kindness
The self is not a contradiction of the Self.

A topic to meditate on ...

Last edited by Susan - Meditation Editor; 08/12/16 12:35 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Yes, this is harder to practice than to think about. Little by little we come closer to being true to our words and actions ...

What do you think?

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Susan, I enjoyed your article.

I saw a quote this morning that said something like 90 percent of conflicts are the tone in which they are shared. I have no idea how close to accurate that is, but I have experienced that myself.

I have a friend that is very adamant about sharing their political philosophies, and even though I am in agreement on most everything, the tone just sets me on edge LOL! I can't imagine how he thinks he'll convince those who don't agree with him to see his point of view.

Taking your advice seems much more peaceful smile And we tend to affect the people around us as a living example, so our inner peace will be what we share. We don't need to share our opinions when we reflect that which we are naturally.

Thanks so much!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Deanna, glad you found this a useful article. Life does teach us some lessons smile

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
HA HA, yup, like everyday HA HA!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Moderated by  Susan Helene Kramer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.