Print Thread
K
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
K
.... and would love some suggestions! This will be my third visit to Dublin, my second to Cork City, and my first to Cape Clear Island.

"....and in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." - John Lennon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
B
Korie - since you have been to the cities more than once, I am assuming that you have seen most of the main tourist attractions. Why not venture out into the countryside and coast?

Dublin offers many day tours out - e.g. to Newgrange and Tara, the Wicklow Mountains & Glendalough & Avoca - that you may wish to take. Most cost about €30.

You could take a train to Belfast for the day and visit the Titanic Centre, take a tour of the city murals and discover how vibrant the capital of Northern Ireland has become post Good Friday Agreement (which is nearly 20 years old!)

If you have a car when in Cork, please venture to the Beara Peninsula- Bantry Town, Garranish Island and so much more. It is a very precious and less visited place. If you want a guided tour I can connect you with a Cork based guide who may link you with areas matching your particular interests.

Do check out what local festivals will be happening in and around the areas you are visiting. For instance, August is Cork Craft Month. It's not all music feis during the summer. Just keep googling!

Does this help whet your interest?

Last edited by Bee - IrishCulture; 07/06/15 03:35 AM.
B
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
B
Korie, you might want to take a gander at my Dublin For Free article Dublin for Free for any ideas when in the city.

Last edited by Bee - IrishCulture; 07/06/15 03:34 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
The title of this thread caught my eye. I'd never heard of Cork until yesterday when I started a book by Jackie Zack. An Irish Heart is a romance about a woman who goes to Cork. It's .99 on Amazon right now.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
B
Lynne, I was chatting with The Niece (who is Northern Irish) who was discussing doing an MA in Cork. She shared the pithy information that the locals pronounce it CARK!.

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Cark? Who would have thought it? smile

Moderated by  Bee - IrishCulture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.