Print Thread
#496319 02/22/09 04:13 PM
R
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
R
No "official" poll - just a question.

Do you like the fragrance of your clothes dried with softener in the dryer best?

OR

Do you like the smell of clothes dried outside in the sun best?

Robin Rounds Whittemore, Fragrance Editor
Fragrance Website
Fragrance Forum

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Outside in the sunshine is best although I never dry my clothes that way anymore. - No clothes line.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
There is nothing nicer for laundry days than to smell the fresh air and sunshine on clothes dried outside. I used to do this all the time when I had my own house and yard. Living in an apartment makes it nearly impossible to dry clothes outside, but once in awhile I hang clothes on my pation (a few items at a time) to dry in the breeze and sunshine. I cannot do that with sheets, though. I used to love to watch the sheets whip and snap in a brisk breeze and to crawl in bed at night with those sheets smelling so fresh is a wonderful feeling.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
I have to say outdoors also.
But can't, because there are no clothes lines where i live frown

Rosie L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Ha, ha, I misread your post, Skyhaven, to say "There are no clothes where I live." Gave me quite a start.

In Ireland in the old days (notsolongago), people swore by drying clothes on bushes. My Auntie Mary said it bleached the linens. I don't know about bleaching clothes, but they smelled divine. Phyllis, you're so right, the way sheets snapped in the wind was just the sweetest thing.

Doesn't anybody remember how much work there was on laundry day? I would be worn out from washing and drying diapers and baby clothes on the line all day. Damp clothes, too many rainy days in a row, so the kitchen was strung with lines everywhere? It made the whole house a mess, and the men were often impatient and hateful because their lives were disturbed. Worse, babies with sore bottoms and new teeth. Lots of babies in diapers that had to be washed.

Hmmm, I'll happily put the Downy Liquid into the washer dispenser to be delivered during the rinse cycle automatically, and after, I'll push the maximum extract button on the washer to wring out all the water possible, after which I'll pop them in the drier, saving my hankies to be brought out into the sunshine and dried on a little bush. Then, after having a cuppa in the warm sun, I'll go back inside, and while unloading the drier, I'll bury my nose in the warm, fragrant clothing, and say a little prayer of thanks...and offer a prayer for all the wonderful women who went before me, hands sore and chapped in service to their family laundry.

I once had a co-worker who used to come into our oppressive, smelly editorial offices complaining about the "stink of dryer sheets" in his neighborhood from the other houses' dryer exhaust. It struck me as incredily "[censored]" of him on one hand and ludicrous on the other, especially considering his fondness for little "Between the Acts" cigars (which he smoked all day at the next desk) and our working conditons. There was no air, it was too hot, the dust motes could knock you out, and a huge printing press ran constantly on the other side of a paper-thin wall.

Just saying. Dry, fragrant clothes are wonderful!

Mary Sweeney
Irish Culture Editor
L
L
ya i like very much to clothes drying out side in the sun and suggest for most of the women to choose this idea, not a bad idea that is... www.lingerie-alley.com

Last edited by Lingerie Alley; 05/16/09 04:13 AM.

N
N
Drying clothes and bedding outside is my favorite, I love the scent of nature. I always put fabric softener in the washer but never in the dryer.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
I have a little anecdote to share about hanging sheets on the line to dry - one of my daughters and her family came to visit - 6 of them and I hung their washed sheets out on the lines to dry - and birds came by and dropped cherry pits all over them, so I had to wash them all AGAIN!

I like the smell of air dried sheets best!

Moderated by  Juliette-Fragrance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.