Next Thread
Print Thread
#892429 05/20/15 12:01 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Affirmations are a powerful way to help us reprogram those thoughts that automatically pop into our head that tend to disempower us.

This is an affirmation I've been using lately, because I have a difficult person in my life at present. But one thing I've learned, is that no matter what I do, I cannot cause another person to change if they don't want to.

Sometimes we have difficult people in our lives, and there is nothing we can do about their behavior. However, we can try to change our own perspective (and give ourselves a break LOL).

So here's my affirmation. It's from Louise Hay's Power Thought Cards.

I allow others to be themselves. I do not try to heal my friends. I do my own mental work and heal myself. This is the best thing I can do for others.

If you want to read more on affirmations, check out my article on affirmations.
Affirmations
Affirmations are more than just positive statements. When used regularly, they can be very helpful when it comes to reprogramming limiting beliefs.

Last edited by Deanna - New Age; 05/20/15 12:03 PM.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I use affirmations most days. I have a list that I go through. I have to say that it really does work well to reprogram my thinking. I have a tendency to repeat and replay negative scenarios in my head. Negative paves the way for more negative. But making it a point to use daily affirmations redirects my brain into a positive zone.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Alice - Weight Loss
I use affirmations most days. I have a list that I go through. I have to say that it really does work well to reprogram my thinking. I have a tendency to repeat and replay negative scenarios in my head. Negative paves the way for more negative. But making it a point to use daily affirmations redirects my brain into a positive zone.

Hi Alice,

I really believe, with as difficult as life can be, that we should utilize any, and EVERY, tool we can get our hands on.

And I definitely believe affirmations can help us. I have definitely seen in my life how negative just opens the way for more negative, and it feels horrible.

I ended up getting sick last week, and felt pretty horrible for about five days. My affirmation was "I take care of myself and release the guilt. Netflix makes me happy." HA HA!!!

My affirmation this week will be:

"I am filled with clarity and inspiration as I allow new ideas to work through me."

Yes, I have a creative week planned smile Creating what? I have no idea --- yet wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I was raised by my grandmother in a house ruled by her. I can't remember a time that I didn't repeat affirmations. She would make me sit with her while she did her affirmations daily and make me repeat them with her. I was very small at the time -- probably from the time I was about 2 or 3.
I still repeat affirmations daily and it works for me. It's a good process to develop although not the way my grandmother accomplished it.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sheryl T #892882 05/26/15 11:30 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Daisybun smile

What kind of affirmations did your grandmother do? My grandma did affirmations too, though she never would have called them that. She repeated bible verses that comforted her.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Great thread!

I like affirmations and mentally include at least one at the end of my meditations - whatever comes to mind at the moment.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I have a busy day today, and I'm starting to get annoyed that I haven't had time to myself for weeks! I want to read, get some writing done, yet I'm running around constantly.

So, to help me feel more peaceful, this is my affirmation:

Things fall into place as I let myself breath and find my peaceful center.

I also do deep breathing with this.

And it has been SOOOO helpful!!

Deanna Joseph

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.