Print Thread
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Are you really living in the moment or is life passing you by?

Living in the Spiritual Moment

Please read my latest article on the Spirituality site. Your feedback is always welcome!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
I recently found myself thinking of my article when I was getting frustrated waiting in a long line at the grocery store. I was in a hurry to get home. I don't often get aggravated with things like this but this day I was not happy to be kept back from moving along my planned schedule. I was not living in the moment at all.

This is something I need to work on so that I can make the most of idle time that comes my way in a manner I don't expect or initially want. In that space of time I probably should have internally expressed gratitude for what I do have instead of becoming upset for not being able to change the situation and get on with my activities. At least I can move. I can breathe. I can do things and I can have experiences. I am alive.

Just something to think about....

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Love this reminder, Debbie. I used to tell people that life was like a string of pearls. Every moment is another special and unique pearl to string onto your strand of life.

Living in the Now is more important than we know. There is a well-known book by Eckhart Tolle with the title, "The Power of Now." It's like many spiritual thoughts in that some people will not be able to grasp fully what it means. To live in the now is very profound and has far-reaching effects in our lives.

The same bible verse, for example, can be understood so differently depending upon the person who hears it. Jesus knew that. Only those who are seeking and open could really get those sayings about being born again ("How can a man be born again?" "The kingdom of God is within.")

We can make plans but we only get there by living in this present moment. "Yesterday is gone, tomorrow is but a promise but today is a gift which is why it is called the present."

What we do in this very moment will determine what happens in the future. Yes, even if we are in a long line and at peace or in a state of fury and frustration.

Thank you for sharing your everyday life with us so we are reminded to put our spiritual thoughts into practice. smile

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
You're welcome, Lori.

I am familiar with Eckhart Tolle and I have his book. Maybe I will do a review on it for the Spirituality site in the near future.

Thank you for your comments smile

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
This year has been a bit of a lotus eating time. I have done a lot of mindless reading, just resting my body and soul. As the year progressed, I realized that I had accomplished very little of lasting value, except for getting into relaxation and de-stressing.

The energy is starting to build, and I am ready for new challenges and tasks.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Sometimes rest and relaxation are very needed in order to reset our inner beings, as well as our physical bodies. Take one day at a time, Connie. The opportunities will soon present themselves.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Someone once said to me, after I explained that normally I give all I can give. I don't even sleep ( I do but it's spotty) and my Soul just felt like looking around at everything and seeing more taking than giving, more anger than peace, more fallacy than Truth and I said, "I can't do it right now."

They said (so cool) "Then maybe the Universe will give to you."

So, in effect, I kind of got to be ticked off, felt badly, met this person, rested, and have more of the resources now to deal with the moment more than if I hadn't.

Before I was always turning a negative into a positive and it pretty much caught me in my "britches" so to speak.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
So true, Ellleise. If you don't take care of yourself in every way it will catch up with you. Your inner being will let you know. You have to fill up your own tank before you can give out to others, and when you feel enriched you have more to give.

Thanks for posting!

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I welcome moments like waiting in line. Sometimes i just want a little piece of time to just watch the world around me

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.