Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I was talking with a friend of mine and somehow we got on the subject of funny words. The first one I heard that made me laugh so hard I had to leave the classroom was the word feasible. My sewing teacher said that when I was in eight grade. Don't know why it tickled my funny bone so much.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I described something as "iffy" and some of my 14-year-old students who'd never heard that before, thought it was hilarious. And then started finding ways to ways to work it into answers and questions themselves, which inexplicably delighted the class.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That's always fun to find your student's funny bones, it's a good way to help them learn. I found that some of my most memorable learning moments were tied to laughter.

I also had a computer teacher in college years ago that was trying to tell the class about things that bothered him and instead of saying pet peeve he said pet pea.

Again, I lost it and had to excuse myself from the class. He explained to me later that that was the way they said it where he came from. I apologized, but he said there was no need. smile

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
When you wrote that post I came here but could not think of any words that makes me laugh. Yesterday during my shower I was thinking of a few things and after starting to think about Bella Online I thought about this post then remembered a word that always makes me laugh.

Fragile. It's all because of the movie A Christmas Story. Anyone who has seen that movie will understand why that word makes me laugh. Since seeing it when I was young everytime I hear or read or write that word I laugh and say it like the actor does.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
The first time I heard "google" I was like what???? HA HA. I love that word.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Another one of mine was Yahoo!

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I know it's a bit esoterically astronomical, but when I first came across the word "syzygy" I thought it was so funny. Typing it is hard enough, but try writing it out with all those letters that drop below the line . . . very amusing. It means astronomical bodies in alignment, but I still think it's a very funny word. I finally wrote a whole article about it, as I just couldn't resist the word. (It'd also be worth 25 points - even with no premium squares - in Scrabble.)

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
That is a funny word Mona! I'll bet writing about it was fun as all get out. It's amazing to me the emotions that words evoke. I haven't played Scrabble in years. Time to break out the Scrabble board!

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
mugwomp (sp?), squat, hummus

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
discombobulated

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.