Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
When I was writing I was using a lot of my awful experiences from my home life to bullying to loneliness to everything else. I turned them into hope and happiness.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I've had my share of grief and trauma (as we all have).

Those times seem to make me bleed words. It's like the words pour from my soul. Someone sliced my heart open and the words just flow.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Over the last seven months I've been dealing with surgery complication issues my mom had - she now has dementia, is bed ridden, and needs 24 hour care. There are days I sit at my computer, know I need to work on stuff for my business (I'm self-employed, no one will do it for me LOL). But I just sit and stare, then give up and watch Netflix.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sorry to hear that Deanna. My dad has Alzheimers, but can thankfully still take care of himself. My mom is in good health. I've been dealing a lot with depression. My concentration slips right through my fingers so to speak.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
And I'm sorry to hear that Jana. I have been depressed too. This experience has just drained me - and my concentration is, well, non-existent. Hence, the hours spent watching Netflix. I will admit - in the short term, Netflix has been a life saver because it gets my mind off of things I can't fix or control LOL! And things are improving - I'm getting better at dealing with a situation that I have no control over, other than just keeping everyone comfortable.

Here's to brighter days ahead wink

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
N
Deanna,

I know what you mean by Netflix being a life saver. For me it has been Michael Schumacher and Eric Lindros. In May of 1996 I was close to killing myself but when something was telling me to get up and go watch the Spain race I did and saw Shumi for the first time I stopped being suicidal. Then I became a fan of Biggi and thankfully he retired with the Dallas Stars, if not I would of stopped watching Hockey and without the Stars I would not be here today. Music also helps me a lot and so is walking and a few movies and shows.

One day if I start writing again this too will help me. It is my only talent and sadly I stopped writing many years ago and I cannot find the way to start again.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Nancy,

So I guess, in a way, these little things are like our North Star smile And they help us get focused again. When I watched Netflix, I watched this show called the "Unbreakable Kimmy..." something... I can't remember her last name. Sure, it was just a silly comedy, but it gave me that boost I needed smile

I hope you get your writing mojo back soon.

Deanna Joseph

N
N
Deanna,

I never heard of that show.

How does Netflix work exactly? You can download anything you want anytime? If so can you do that on televisions or is it just on smart phones and computers? I am with Bell for my satellite dish and they have something like that and the downloads (if it works by downloading) can be on televisions but the receptor I have does not work for that. This all sounds awesome to be able to watch what you want when you want to!

Thanks smile. I tried writing the story I have in my head for many years now but I just do not know how to start it. Plus most of it is like a fog now since it has been in my head for many years frown.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Netflix is a service you pay for monthly. And you can either watch something via streaming, or you can order the DVDs, watch them, then mail them back. But you don't actually download.

I have had stories stuck in my head too. I have to laugh, because most of the time when I start a story, I start somewhere in the middle LOL. I have no idea what that's about HA HA.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hey Deanna,

Depression is an ugly monster. If I didn't have my writing I think I'd go nuts. I do have happy times. My writing keeps me going and wanting to get back to HI to be with my gbabies.

It's starting to storm here and it's gloomy...great afternoon.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.