Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#326593 07/04/07 04:40 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Day 7. Work

What is your attitude to work? If you love your job or get fulfilment from it you probably don�t need to find anything to change about it. But if it�s a daily drag, try to approach it differently for today. Is there any part of your job that allows you to be creative?

Do you try to get through your day mindlessly because the work is dull? Or is your job so stressful and hectic that you don�t have time to think? Take a mental step back, and observe your work as neutrally as you can. How would your job look to a stranger?
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Koala
Koala
E
One of my favourite scenes in the movie Dancer in the Dark is the song/dance movement in the factory where Selma works. She is going blind, so her world is made up of sound and movement, and this piece takes the rhythmic sound of the machines as percussion for the music. It's extraordinary.

Does your routine work have rhythm? Does it have sounds? Is there a pattern to the sounds? Does it have motion? If you were to choreograph your job, how would you make a dance out of it? Choreography is a creative art, and yet it is made up of a carefully considered routine timed to the second and practiced to perfection. Yet the result is anything but boring.

Do your hands do a job without your mind really needing to think about it? Watch your hands - how amazing is that skill?

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
elle #326722 07/05/07 12:59 AM
Wolf
OP Offline
Wolf
Yes. I will give it a try.

I love having an online store. I have a lot of freedom because I'm the boss. I get to make all of the decisions, good or bad. I absolutely love it and wouldn't have it any other way.

View my store @ BigBeautifulButterfly.
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
When I had a job I was doing my job and that was it. When you are paid to do something this is what you do. If you hate your job then when you have free time try to find another one. I have been jobless since July of 2009 and I would love to have any job even one that is hard or/and boring!

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.