Next Thread
Print Thread
#405874 04/11/08 09:10 PM
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
How long has it been since you last played your musical instrument?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Before my first baby was born (well, we bought a house and I got promoted at the same time, so it wasn't exactly the babies fault).

I treated myself to a classical guitar and had been taking lessons and then all the above happened.

I'd love to get into it again, but I went back to my first love, writing. So, while I gave it up, hopefully temporarily, I have set it aside for something creative, that I enjoy and that I am turning into a career...that way I can live creatively without working in a cubicle.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
S
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
S
Dear Violette -
Thanks for sharing your story with us. You must have had a strong desire to learn the guitar in order to go out and buy one for yourself. Way to go! I tried to learn the guitar once (my husband plays) but my fingers are double jointed and don't do too well on the strings so I had to stick with the piano. The reason I asked the question is I moved my piano to the basement and ever since then I have found myself uninspired to play it in that location. It faces a blank wall with no windows with my back to the door and the feng shui is just all messed up. Otherwise I used to play it all the time.

As for doing your other love, writing, anytime we can get out of a cubicle and express ourselves through the greatest communication on the planet - the written word, we have truly arrived at our creative expression! Cheers to you.

P.S. I've spent many years in a cubicle so I know how it feels to be there and how it feels when you get out. Yipeeeeeeeee!

Last edited by DebCreativeEditor; 04/16/08 08:57 PM.
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
The only music instrument I learned how to play is the flute but a kids flute. It was when I was in primary school. I stopped after I was not in a class where I had to play it. I loved it but my parents did not have the money to send me somewhere else to learn it more or another instrument. I would love to be able to play piano, violin and guitar.

Moderated by  Jana - Creativity Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.