logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
OP Offline
S
I have a friend who needs white teeth. She is the sweetest thing, but her teeth are pretty yellow. I saw a thread on qvc about gosmile http://community.qvc.com/thread.jspa?threadID=600020552&start=60&tstart=0
I bought it and on my 5th day. My teeth look super white and they say there is no tooth enamel damage that is done.

BUT, how can I present this to my friend. Her bday is coming up. Do you think if I bought her a pampering bag and put some of this in there along with other creams and girly stuff that she would be offended?

Would any of you be offended if it was mixed with a bunch of other girly stuff?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I think it would be fine given with a basket of pampering girly stuff.

S
OP Offline
S
Okay, great!
Like some lotions, creams, bubble bath, gosmile, etc?

Shark
Shark
yeah, all kinds of "pretty me up smelly good stuff" so it just blends in with the other items. And since you have used it you can tell her how much you like it.

S
OP Offline
S
thanks!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
great idea skinnydipr!

Cathy Crispo Mancini
Cosmetics Editor

CC
Makeup By CC
Spa Movement

...innovative, mobile, beauty indulgences....join the movement!

www.makeupbycc.com
S
OP Offline
S
I have given 5 gift bags of gosmile from ebay. I had one friend who had really yellow yellow teeth and she needed the same stuff the dentist used. She used this kit. It's cheaper than gosmile and her teeth look really white.
http://www.beautyenvy.citymaker.com/catalog/item/3646429/3960113.htm

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Has that friend ever talked about wanting white teeth or is this you making a deal over her yellow teeth? I have yellow teeth and I do not care at all about it. If I would ever get whitening teeth products for a gift I would not be offended, I would say thank you and give it to someone who needs it (i have sensitive teeth due to my enamel that is eroded so products like that would make me want to kill myself due to the pain it would cause) and I won't be shy about it to the person who gave that gift to me, lying is stupid just like being offended over little thing is.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I think some may be offended (even if some feel that being offended is stupid :-) ).

There is nothing "girly" about teeth-whitener. If anything, I think it would stand-out. Here are some perfumes and a teeth-whitener?

To some, their teeth, are not "a little thing". It could be something they are already insecure about and pointing it out would just add to their insecurity.

Perhaps if y'all were talking about it, and she mentioned she'd really like to buy teeth-whitener, but couldn't afford it, that's one thing.

Pointing out, what we feel to be someone else's imperfection and disguising it as a birthday gift, just doesn't seem right to me, but that's just my opinion since she is your...friend?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
N
N
Dianne,

Being offended over little things is indeed stupid. The new law in Indiana is a good thing to be offended over, this is not a little thing but people are more concerned about gifts or songs or movies or video games or statues or whatever else except something that is awful.

Now in this case the way this post was written I had the impression that this person's friend has never mentioned her teeth. If that's the case then sommerbreeze needs to mind her/his own business. Especially since that friend may very well be having anxiety over her teeth then it certainly won't help and in this case it would not be stupid to be offended because it would be a personal attack or/and an insult or/and being laughed at.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.