logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
B
When I apply liquid makeup to my face, I always use my fingers, and I use a sponge when applying powder to my face because I want extra coverage.
When I'm applying someone else's makeup, I use brushes and a wedge sponge to apply powder around the nose, top of the eyebrows, and the outside of their lips.
Sponges are great if you're looking for more coverage.
www.ethnic-beauty-central.com

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
To add to the replies, I use either a finger or a damp sponge to apply liquid makeup. It depends on whether I'm using just a little to even out a few spots, for which I use my finger, or whether I'm going all out with makeup, in which case I use a sponge. I find the sponge gives a more even application and allows for better blending. I've used a foundation brush when I tried the mineral powder makeup, but I did not like the brush or the makeup. But I do sometimes use a foundation brush to apply undereye concealer or highlighter, but then use my finger to smoother it out and blend.

S
Gecko
Gecko
S
If I wear my liquid foundation, I dab dots on my face with a q-tip then spread it around my face with a brush. I only would wear the liquid for special events because it's very heavy and looks "made up." But I prefer to wear the compact dry foundation that goes on with a round sponge by Prescriptives for everyday wear because it's less heavy.

F
F
Originally Posted By: Karma
Hi Jill,
It all really depends on the type of foundation you are using. If you are using a liquid mineral foundation use your hands first. Then use a brush with some translucent mineral powder to set, swirling in a circular motion. If you are using a non mineral(Make sure you wash your face after every use when your day is done)Use a sponge to help pull the make-up around your face. remember to dab the sponge up from your jaw line towards your temples for the lower face and side to middle of forehead for upper face. You will also want a setting powder on then also. If you go to the dollar store, they have triangle and circular sponges that work just the same as the more expensive ones.

Tracy Morales
Esthetician/Make-up Artist

Thanks to let me know about this.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Before pressed powder I was using liquid foundation and I applied it with my fingers and since pressed powder I use the sponge that comes with it until it is too covered up so then I use another sponge instead of wasting water.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.