Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Just watched The Good Night with Martin Freeman, Gwyneth Paltrow, Cruz and DeVito about lucid dreaming - some interesting ideas in there.

Have you had lucid dreams?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
Amoeba
Yes, many. They're so fascinating while I'm in them. I always marvel, "Oh, gosh! I have to remember this one!" It's just so great to realize you're dreaming when you're in the dream because then you can make some pretty amazing conscious choices to experience anything you choose.

There is a message in that for all of us. It is said the "life is but a dream" and it is good then to be able to make conscious choices to experience what we choose, and do it with a feeling of impunity. All things are possible, both in our dream and waking lives.

"I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?"
~Zhuangzi

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I've had a few lucid dreaming experiences. At least I was able to finally wake myself from some pretty bad ones. I haven't developed my lucid dreaming capabilities yet. I want to. It's fascinating. I just wish I had some good lucid dreams...

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I want to learn how to trigger lucid dreaming. There are so many stories inside my head that I'd love to live out in a dream and only in a dream. Control freak? Maybe, but it's more of a safety precaution. I love the scarier things.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jana - it's all about practice! Aim to practice every day, to prepare for it. One step at a time!

For example, make a practice to look twice at written text or your watch. Make note if they change between your looks. The more you practice that in real life, the more you'll also do it in your dreams as a "normal habit." And when they change (as they tend to do in dreams) you'll realize you're dreaming.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thanks Lisa. I wasn't sure where to start. I have much written text, but I don't wear a watch. I can't keep track of them and they stop working. I'm going to work on that tonight!

Amoeba
Amoeba
Great tip, Lisa! I don't understand though how a watch changing would indicate that you're dreaming since watches change in our waking lives, right? The written text thing would work though. I have to try that!

I bought a great ebook about Lucid Dreaming written by a woman who was a lifelong lucid dreamer. I should write a review.

If you check out the links on the BOL Dreams site, you'll see a lot of resources listed by previous dreams editors. Great stuff.

There's nothing really scary about lucid dreaming. It's still a dream. Some people have this notion that they somehow might become "locked into" or stuck in the lucid dream without the ability to wake up. I don't know where they get that idea but if it provides a sense of security, you can ask someone to wake you up at a certain time or set a soft alarm to go off.

I, for one, don't really care to lucid dream though. I much prefer to see where my subconscious mind takes me.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I don't like where my subconscious takes me sometimes and I have stories I'd like to explore, mainly ones I'm writing. I've never experienced being locked in a lucid dream. When I've had them I was able to wake myself up from them pretty easily most of the time. I'll have to check out the dreams site.

Moderated by  ChidoriDreams2 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.