Print Thread
#888165 03/09/15 06:07 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
N
Average movie.
Finally a Godzilla movie where he is not killed or treated like a monster! It always makes me sad how he is portrayed, I of course know that he does not exist but still I always see him as a tragic being. Almost everything in this movie is good but still I was not really into it except for poor Godzilla and also Joe Brody who was seen as a crazy man eventhough he ended up being right. I love the sound Godzilla makes when he screams and the music that comes along with it, I hope this is in the score along with the music for the halo jump. I also liked the two monsters and cheered for Godzilla when he was fighting them.
The script is average. The acting, directing, special effects, makeup, cinematography, editing, costumes, sets, music and story are good.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I LOVED this movie - but I love Godzilla. (Loved the 90s movie too).

The old 60s and 70s Godzilla could breathe fire, or electricity, and I was thrilled when this Godzilla could do that too. I got chills! I am so glad I saw this in the theater.

And I did like it better than the 90s movie. That didn't seem like "Godzilla," but rather, just some random giant beast that found Manhattan. I always saw Godzilla as having a connection to humanity.

LOVED this new one. I watch my DVD over and over.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
OP Offline
N
Deanna,

It's a shame that this does not play more often because I would watch it a lot. When I start my Bluray collection it for sure will be part of it.

Funny thing is after I watched the movie I was not that excited so I figured it would be another good movie that I end up not watching a lot but that Godzilla is so awesome!

I do not know in the other movies (except the 1 before - liked it but that is it) if Godzilla is portrayed as a monster or not. This is what I do not like with monsters like Godzilla, they are not really monsters so I cry and cringe when humans attack them. I was so happy to see in that movie Godzilla being somewhat left alone by humans. The bridge scene is so sad though, the other times where he is fired upon it does not look like it hurts him but in that scene it looked like it hurt!

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Oh, I know, in the Matthew Broderick Godzilla, that bridge scene was SOOOOOOO sad! I felt sad for the monster because it did have to be destroyed, or humanity would have ceased to exist.

At least in the new Godzilla, there aren't hundreds of baby monsters, and Godzilla goes back to the ocean until he's needed again.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
OP Offline
N
The bridge scene I was talking about was from the last movie. It has been so long since I saw the one before (saw a few minutes the other day - its when the 3 were in a restaurant and Godzilla appeared in the city - i changed the channel after the cameraman almost got crushed) that I do not remember any bridge scene there.

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.