Next Thread
Print Thread
#887635 03/02/15 10:26 PM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello there ... what are your most challenging chores in your container garden? Do you consider them chores or just things to do?

I like to get on with it and just do what has to be done, but must admit there are times when I don't want to do whatever - still, I guess my biggest challenge is that there are so many things to grow and not enough pots to do it in.

That, and not enough space to grow my vegetables ... I mean what good are three cauliflowers? They are scrumptious home grown but don't last long in the kitchen for the time they took to grow!

I won't stop growing veggies though, 'so what,' I say if the yield is small by default - pots rule okay!

What do you say?

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I was always looking for cheap pots for my container garden. I have a list of things I look for specifically when I go to yard sales and I added gardening pots to the list. Now I never run out of them! I bought some for as little as 25 cents.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi daisybun,

How many pots do you have? Do have a lot of space for them? Do you use them all or do you store them somewhere? Are they all planted up?

Getting the right pots for the right plants is always a pleasure - the right pot with the wrong plant or vice versa is something a person thinks about for size, composition, balance and beauty.

If you have so many pots all clamouring for your attention then I guess your challenge is to check your watering and feeding regimes. That's oodles of work but I don't doubt you get oodles of pleasure too!

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I have 15 pots right now. That's the number I have with little plants going in them. Over at my storage I probably have about 10 more.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello All,

I think another challenge for me (and not a chore at all) is to have to choose which plant, flower, rose, shrub, creeper and on and on to put in my containers.

The container garden is by default constrained in space and I laugh sometimes to imagine having so many pots around that I cannot walk between them to tend them.

Anyway - when you finally choose and settle into the beauty of whichever plant you chose - then the pleasure is great.

Cheers

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 03/10/15 10:19 PM.

Lestie Mulholland

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi there,

It took me some time in my gardening career to realize that working the pots and the enjoyment of them are not two separate actions.

What I mean is you don't get to plant up a container (and all that that means) and then sit back to enjoy them at separate times.

Work in the container garden runs alongside appreciation and enjoyment all the time no matter what you are doing or plan or need to do.

I hope I have articulated my thought well enough here - once realized, it made waiting for things to grow or checking for bugs and so on a part of it all and not a stop start movie or a task to sigh over.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.