logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#887439 03/01/15 12:29 PM
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I want to get back to work. I'm 66 and moved to Oklahoma from Arizona in November. I don't want to volunteer or be a Wal-Mart greeter and that's about all they're offering in this small town of Holdenville, Oklahoma. I'm starting to look at some work at home opportunities -- what do you all suggest?

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
P
With your writing skills, along with your use of the internet, you could do some virtual work as an editor, I would bet. You could also become a virtual assistant of some kind, like a proof reader or actual virtual administrative assistant. Realtors, especially, need a lot of help and proof readers.

Pamela Slaughter
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I'm a retired real estate broker -- so I don't want to get back into that. I did it for over 20 years and really got sick of it. I'm looking around the web for online work and some online volunteer things. But open to just about anything --

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
P
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
P
Is there anything about real estate that you enjoyed? For instance, when I was a real estate broker, I loved helping to stage my sellers' homes to get them ready for sale. I later got a certificate and became a home stager. Maybe you can see what part of the job you loved, and create a job for yourself from that.

Pamela Slaughter
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
I guess there are problems all over the world for oldies getting employment. It's driving my wife crazy being at home; she's a very active 75. I'm lazy enough not to mind hanging around the house. I have a part-time consultancy job that brings in a modest wage, which I've had for many years - ever since I crossed some of our local politicians and became virtually unemployable. We're incompatible, with regard to working outside the house.

Moderated by  Pam - Senior Issues 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.