Print Thread
#887115 02/26/15 08:00 PM
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
N
Bad movie.
I had high hopes for this movie (this is soooooo hard to get good horror movies!!!!!!!). Nothing scared me (not even the group of spiders at the start - thats saying a lot!!!!!!!!!), I was not tensed at all and nothing disgusted me. I did not even cry at the end and I cry easily even during movies I do not like. The director tried (im speaking about the atmosphere of the movie and how he filmed it) but failed.
The acting, music, costumes, editing and story are good. The directing, special effects, cinematography and sets are average. The makeup is bad. The script is very bad.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
If even the spiders didn't scare you that movie was a complete dud! smile

N
OP Offline
N
Jana,

I know right? smirk! With another director it could of at least been a tense movie. It was not such an awful job because he/she did try but again it did not work. Shame since I had such high hopes for that movie since first seeing the trailer on Youtube when it came out. frown.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
No doubt Nancy! It's such a let down when that happens. I still love Friday the 13th, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street. Michael, Jason and Freddy have made an indelible impression on me.

N
OP Offline
N
Yes these movies are classics and they have aged well. In that group Michael is the scariest. The first actor was so creepy playing that character, this is one of the scariest villain of all times in my opinion. Have you seen the remake? I normally hate remakes but since it was make by Rob Zombie I watched it, I was so angry by it. He gave a reason why he was so evil and that right there just destroyed who Michael is.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
They have aged very well. Very iconic.

No, I didn't see the remake, even though I love Rob Zombie. I'll just stick with the originals of my favorites. No one has been able to match these characters yet. They usually go for stuff that is just gross and over the top as opposed to a real story.

They tried the remake thing with Dirty Dancing too. (I know totally different genre) Havana Nights was awful. They couldn't beat the story line of the original.

N
OP Offline
N
They also remade Footloose and a few others of the movies I loved and still love. I stayed as far away as possible from these remakes I could. The people who remade The Thing when they saw that there were so much people angry tried to say that it was a prequel and of course nobody bought that. The remake of Poltergeist is coming soon, have you seen the trailer? It looks like they changed the whole story! Seemed that it was not enough to ruin a classic by remaking it they had to change the story too!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I never saw the sequel to Footloose. I wouldn't watch it anyway. Footloose was a story all on it's own. It didn't need their feeble attempt at disguising it as a prequel.

I haven't seen the trailer for Poltergeist. I'll check it out though.

Moderated by  Horror_Movies_Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.