Print Thread
#863015 05/03/14 11:22 PM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello there everyone,

I hope this finds you all well and rearing to go in your container gardens. Do you have lots of plans and dreams and intentions in place? Yes? Great!

And what better way to record all your thoughts than in your own and personalised GARDENING JOURNAL. Read the latest article then come back and tell us all what you do when it comes to writing down what your green thumbs do. Black thumbs are also welcome - see they tell of good experience and smarter actions for the future. An ex-teacher of mine always said that there is no need to make the same mistake twice as there were plenty of new ones available!

Keeping a Garden Journal

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi All,

Do you keep a journal or do you find it too much of a fuss? Are you a rememberer ... or a gardener who just grows things anyway?

A lot of people just like to grow what they like to grow and don't want to take such a fussy approach to containers or gardening as writing up a diary of what happened; they often don't see the need.

Yet others remember what didn't work and so don't try that specific plant again or even, heaven forbid, just stop growing things just because.

Anyway, do you keep notes at all? Did you stop? Are you planning to start again?

Hope you do, there is such pleasure in creating - and that is what growing containers will do for you ... give you those great feelings of pleasure and achievement.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Everyone,

Have you thought about keeping a scrapbook with a gardening theme? Most people I know make scrapbooks of recipes and household hints ... you must be one of them! And when you think about it, a scrapbook is just another version of a gardening journal.

I still pore over my Granny's collections and she had a gardeners one as well (albeit smaller). In this she has pictures of flowers and gardens and plants, names of plants and sometimes a note on what works or what doesn't.

Anyway, I caught that bug from someone and I have several scrapbooks of articles and pictures and DIY plan and all and all - it's great to read through these old presentations of current and modern gardening practices.

Why not start a scrapbook today - snip stuff from the mags you read or the newspapers delivered ... may lead you somewhere you will want to go. Get the kids involved - it is a treasure hunt after all.

Cheers now

Lestie Mulholland

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi there,

So? Have you started any kind of a journal or notebook or scrapbook? If so, are you adding to it at least weekly? Have you been reminded of anything seasonal by the 'stuff' you added in winter .. or summer... or spring ... or autumn?

I hope you do - there is so much inspiration out there!

Let us all know,

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I try to document all my successes but I think I will make a special journal just for my garden. That way I don't have to hunt so hard for an entry. My other journals tend to be too 'abundant'. Once I start writing it tends to escalate.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi Daisybun,

You are so right - a separate notebook for your garden activities is a good idea - but don't make it a chore, it should be a fun place to write fun things and make notes of what you did, what worked, how much it cost, what didn't work and so on and on.

I love doodling in my garden journal - bees, flowers, sketched plans, container pot notes, stuck in newspaper pictures, recipes and whatever else takes my fancy. I love reading it and paging back - it reminds of all the time of why I love gardening and the soil and the harvest and all and all. Sigh with a smile.

The best thing for me (and maybe you too?) is that there are no rules! You do it the way you want to do it and you are always right!

Keep going - that's the trick.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.