Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
The beginning of 2015 is the perfect opportunity to get your finances in order. One part of this is to make note of the important financial dates in the coming year. This way you will be prepared in advance.

Important Financial Dates 2015

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Do you have your finances in order? Know where to find all your information for taxes?

It is a good idea to keep a main list of any accounts, credit cards, etc. so that you keep track of all your financial information in one place.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
AWesome article Sandra!

Looking at your book, INVESTING $10K IN 2014. Will you be publishing a 2015 version soon or is this book current enough for me to work with?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Yvonnie,

I will be publishing a 2015 version (Investing $10K in 2015) in about a week. I will also be publishing another book - The Simple Way to Invest Successfully.

The 2014 book is current enough to work with though. I usually try to recommend investing and investments that work under most economic circumstances. A balanced approach seems to cover most situations.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sandra-

Thanks! I'm looking forward to both.

I'm planning to get a Roth and make some educated guesses on stock options for the year. I was thinking, with interest rates so low, Real Estate investments might be smarter right now. What's your opinion?

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Yvonne,

You make a good point about the low interest rates. They are having a positive effect on real estate. What kind of investments are you considering?

Real estate investments can vary widely. My basic thoughts are to build a balanced stock and bond portfolio before adding real estate into the mix. A real estate investment trust (REIT) can then be a good addition.

But perhaps you are considering investing in actual properties. Let me first say that real estate is not my area of expertise. You can make good money in properties or lose your shirt and be in big debt.

I still think a home can be a good investment if you plan to live there for at least five years and can pay it off before retirement.

Rental properties I am much more cautious of suggesting. To do it well requires gaining a lot of knowledge in dealing with landlording issues or property management firms.

That being said, a low interest rate environment provides one good aspect in your favor.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Sandra-

Thanks for your response. I am considering purchasing one or two small condos in University areas. I'd love to do a vacation home that could be rented out, but I'll have to put that off because I do not have the time to do a lot of the research on the area laws and property bylaws. Nor do I want to invest in the travel costs at this time.

I do know the landlord laws in Illinois and just having to manage the bylaws is a bit easier.

Can't wait it get my hands on your new books. I'm really excited about our financials this year!!!!!!

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Excellent. Sounds to me like you have done your research and are well-prepared to invest in real estate.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Yvonnie,

The Simple Way to Invest Successfully and Investing $10K in 2015 are now on Amazon. Check out your site email. I sent you copies.

Investing Website
Home Finance Website

Moderated by  Sandra Investing/HFinance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.