Print Thread
#885011 01/05/15 02:57 AM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Everyone -

So why grow a Terrarium or a Desertarium?

Well they can be lots of fun to grow and make for an enjoyable gardening project for all ages, but there is so much more … they don’t need much skill for success, they can be grown all year around (but especially as an escape from wintery constraints), kids of all ages will love them, they are easy to grow and care for once you get it right, they are as diverse and as pretty as your imagination, they make wonderful gardening companions for any room in the house or balony, they make fine gifts for any occasion, and anyone in any zone can grow them with suitable conditions.

In all, these just have to be a compelling arguments to try this right now.

Go see now and make up your mind quickly!

A Terrific Terrarium

Cheers now,

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello there,

Well what with spelling errors above I guess it can be all just a load of 'terriic balony' Shoulda checked!

Anyway, I came across an intriguing idea the other day in the line of this and the lady called it her 'sandarium'

What she had bought was a large fishbowl-like glass container and it had multi-layers of different coloured sands in it in a beautiful array of stripes and widths. It was not all in straight lines but curvy and wavy at the bottom gradually straightening out to the top layer which was about 6 inches from the top of the bowl. The last layer was made up of small white rough stones, about the size of your pinkie nail.

Into this was placed a beautiful Escheveria with two smaller ones offset to the side ... a mix and match approach of all sorts of things because the final look as one of a miniature Zen 'garden.' I say you could put any miniature cactus there though it may need to be replaced if it starts to grow too much. It would also have to be in its own container ... or how would you water? Anyway.

I don't know how 'they' did it - she said she had bought it at a flea market when on holiday in the Cape.

It could be worth using as much of the idea as you can and trying to build a 'sandarium' of your own, I think I am going to try. It could make an excellent centre piece for a dining room party table don't you think?

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.