logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
D
D
Regarding your changing tastes over time, I agree, so if you ever get around the other obstacels you mentioned, maybe you could choose a tattoo design of something will never change, i.e. your zodiac sign. Unless you're not positive of your birth date!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Another fickle one here. Well, that and the fact that anytime I have any extra cash some crisis comes up. Usually a dog emergency and they certainly come first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Lynne Chapman
Great topic Megan.
This seems to be a common answer. If I had gotten a tattoo in my 20s I would have changed it in my 30s, if not before. It would have changed again at 35, 40, 45, etc.

I can understand that answer, but I got a tattoo when I was a teen that I don't regret. I've gotten a few tattoos in my twenties that I still don't regret, though I'm not quite 30 yet. I find that my tattoos grow with me. Each one of mine represents a phase in my life.

Tattoo 1 was my lucky frog: a treefrog tattoed on my hip when I was 18. I was just getting ready to enter college, I like frogs, and I discovered that in some cultures frogs are lucky. Who needs more luck than when they are starting a new phase of their life?

Tattoo 2 was my wedding tattoo. My hubby has a tattoo of a dragon on his chest. I too like dragons and liked the idea of getting one. Our tattoos look nothing alike and are in different places of our body, but when he snuggles with me at night our dragons are snuggling too.

Tattoo 3, my Japanese tattoo. I lived in Okinawa, Japan for 4 years. I got a tattoo of a hibiscus flower (which are all over Okinawa) with some tribal stuff coming out of it on my lower back. It is my reminder of living in such an exotic and beautiful place

Tattoo 4, not so much a phase, but this one represents my ongoing love of music. A band of music notes around my left arm.

Tattoo 5, not yet started or completed, possibly a band of DNA around my right arm. I just finished my degree in Biology. smile

So, as you can see, these are all parts of my life that I want to remember. I guess when you do choose, you want something that will go with the times and not get a tattoo of Beavis and Butthead just because you like them at the time (I did love my B&B smile ). Something beautiful and something that will mean something to you in one way or another always...

That's my take on that. Hope I didn't bore you with my tattoo history! smile

Shark
Shark
Megan, how cool of you, being able to know go thru different, radical styles. I personally admire the way you deal with you what you think you love for a particular moment1

I am so jealous

S
Amoeba
Amoeba
S
I love my tattoos and didn't get my first one until I was 46. I got a butterfly on my left shoulder, which is a representation of my sister who passed away from cancer.

Six months ago I got chinese flowers and chinese lettering which represents the word "success" on my lower back. The reasoning for this was a personal growth phase I had been going through for sometime, and how I strived and perservered to get through it. Like you Megan, my tattoo's tell a storey in my life, and I do have thoughts of a few more I may get as I continue to grow and live through life's adventures.
Sandy

www.weightlossgodsway-faith.com

Last edited by godsdaughter; 01/11/07 09:32 PM.
W
W
I am getting one this year, hopefully...I am also overweight, and now I'm nervous. I don't *think* that my thigh right abouve the knee will change that much?...
I don't have any yet because I hadn't picked anything out till lately. I just got divorced, and I have always had a thing for mermaids. I love that they are free and open...and I love the water, so it makes sense. I am going to get scales on my leg, in gold...if any of you have seen Charmed...the one with the mermaid...when the water hits her leg, it starts to turn her back, and scales appear where the water hit...that's sort of what I want, only I'm considering now fading silver into gold. There is a line from a song that I love: "Believe you can shine when you're silver, and I promise you gold." I want that put around it...eventually. I haven't decided that's what I want just yet...the scales, yes, but the text, no. I like what was said earlier about the different phases in life...that's sort of what is moving me along right now. As I said above, I am recently divorced, and for some reason, that scene in that show has stuck with me quite a bit...expecially now, so that's what I want to represent getting out of a bad relationship!
But, with all the tats I have ideas for (well, there's only 3), this one and the other larger one have the silver and gold somewhere in them for that reason (the song). If I get this one early enough in the year, my wings will be next...as again, freedom. The other is the logo for the band that sings that song...Blue October.
So. Yeah. That's why smile

Last edited by weezerscaddy; 01/20/07 12:15 AM.
I have two. I don't have any regrets. I do have a lot of friends who don't and the answers to your question I hear most often are. 1) I wouldn't know what to get. 2) It's going to hurt 3) What if I change my mind later?

Yes, it's going to hurt. As for 1 & 3 - I don't think anyone should get a tattoo just to get one. If you know you want something specific go for it. I wouldn't suggest getting one just cause you like the idea....you may regret it.

*It could be worse...you could be on fire*
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I have been wanting some for a few years now. Before then I liked tattoos but did not know what I would get. For me a tattoo is something important, something that is about you, something personal. It was after a few episodes of Miami Ink when I finally had an idea about what truly would represent me. Now money and finding the right artist only stands in my way. I live far from big cities and the closest big city does not have a tattoo artist so in addition of having the money for the tattoo I need the money to travel (technically have it but my living situation is a hell so unless a miracle happens i wont be able to use that money for my most important tattoo which would be big and in two parts). I also am scared of needles and my tolerance of pain is extremely low but with the right artist that would not matter. The two other tattoos would be small and on my shoulders so I could start with that but again I need to find the right artist and travel there frown.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.