Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
N
Very bad movie.
I am a fan of The Lord of the Rings trilogy but for some reason this movie and the others did not excite me so I finally decided to give it a chance tonight and wow was I right about not being excited about this. Except for the start, the reason Bilbo gave to having come back, the butterfly, the giant eagles and the ending it sucked. I first looked at the time when it was not even an half hour in so the rest was very long to say the least! I will give the others a chance just for the trilogy that started it all.
The script is horrible. The special effects are very bad. The directing and editing are bad. The acting, cinematography, music and sets are average. The costumes and story are good. The makeup is great.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
What ???? Oh Nancy, I loved this trilogy. Though it seemed more different from the book that the LotR series did. I did like that Gandalf's disappearance was explained - and Galadriel really kicked butt in that one scene with Sauron.

The movie did take a lot of liberties, for sure. Like though I've read the book several times over the years, I do not remember one of the dwarfs having a think for one of the elves.

I received the trilogy for Mother's day, and do plan on watching it again.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

N
OP Offline
N
Deanna,

I love The Lord of the Rings movies, this is why I was so disappointed when I saw The Hobbit. I still will see at least the second but if it is worst than the first I doubt I will see the other or others (is there 4 or 3 of these - its like the fifth is coming up soon). Plus Stephen Colbert has a tiny part in the second and in the third his family are there too, at least I would have that to enjoy.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Nancy Roussy
Deanna,

I love The Lord of the Rings movies, this is why I was so disappointed when I saw The Hobbit. I still will see at least the second but if it is worst than the first I doubt I will see the other or others (is there 4 or 3 of these - its like the fifth is coming up soon). Plus Stephen Colbert has a tiny part in the second and in the third his family are there too, at least I would have that to enjoy.

There are just three Hobbit movies, and they are all out on DVD now.

OMG, when you said Stephen Colbert was in the Hobbit, I thought you were kidding!! I had no idea LOL. Now I'll definitely HAVE to watch it again HA HA HA!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I had no idea either that Stephen Colbert was in The Hobbit. It was one of the first, if not the first book I checked out at the library and that's only because it was printed in green. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I thought the book was charming. The movie was anything but. Well, I can speak only of the first movie which was really quite silly in parts, full of tiresome add-ons, and way too long. Can't see myself watching the other two. (OMG! Two more!! Can't believe it. It's a pretty short book.)

N
OP Offline
N
He was so proud when he announced that he was going to be in it and more so when he family would be in the third. He is a huge fan of the books and movies. Everytime someone tries to get him he turns out the winner, I doubt someone else on Earth knows more about the subject smile.

N
OP Offline
N
Mona,

I'm still not over how boring the first Hobbit movie is. When you look at the time wanting it to be over and there's still two hours left it's a boring time to say the least!

BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
Nancy, I only sat through it all because I was staying with my sister and they'd borrowed the DVD to watch. There wasn't really anywhere else to go as the rest of the house was cold. So I was bored, but warm.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow! Glad I haven't bothered to try to watch it. I loved the book though!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Gillian ClassicalMusic 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.