Hi Friends,

I know you're very busy this season, especially with entertaining and family gatherings, not to mention shopping, decorating, traveling, and working. As has been my tradition on the Quick Cooking and Desserts sites, starting December 1st, I try to post a new recipe or article every day (rather than every week) to help all of you with your holiday preparations. This year on the Quick Cooking site, I am posting appetizers, a few easy desserts, side and main dishes. Most are very quick and easy, although there are a few that take a little more time - when it's the holidays, it's fun to cook and bake with friends or our children, and the result is sometimes worth a little extra hands-on time. I have been sending a newsletter with information on the article every day, so if you would like to be notified of the new articles to come, please sign up for the newsletter. (You won't get any junk e-mail and the list is totally confidential; all you'll get is the newsletter - period. You can cancel it anytime.) So, if you'd like some new ideas for the season, please check on the Quick Cooking and Dessert sites every day. I am planning some Hanukkah dishes, as well as a couple for Kwanzaa, so if you don't celebrate Christmas, there will still be something good for you.

I love Christmas and the other holidays of the season. I've been pouring over the latest and old Christmas and holiday magazines and cookbooks to get ideas, as well as brainstorming as I go up and down the aisles in the grocery stores (I know, I need to get a life!), and this year I've been lucky enough to get some holiday magazines from the UK, Ireland, and France for fun ideas that aren't even on Pinterest yet!

I'd love to hear from you with comments, special requests, or great holiday ideas. I hope all of you have a fabulous holiday season, and that you won't have to stay up many nights wrapping presents because you got too carried away with holiday cooking during the day.

Karen Hancock, Quick Cooking Editor
Quick Cooking Website
Quick Cooking Forum