Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
IMHO All Spiritual Paths Lead to Deity

Though this is the Wiccan forum, I see validity in all spiritual paths. My main paths are Wicca and Northern European paganism, but I attend a Christian church every Sunday because I want to learn about the Bible. I've studied Buddhism and Vodou for many years, and my favorite spiritual author Eknath Easwaran was Hindu.

My point is that people of all spiritual paths are welcome in this forum. I worry about the increasing hostility that I see not just between different religious groups but within each one. To give a random example, it is so unnecessary for Wiccans and heathens, who are under the same neo-pagan umbrella, to get snotty with one another over misperceptions, legitimate differences, and stereotypes. The same holds for the bickering I see between liberal and conservative Christians.

No one will find his or her spiritual beliefs attacked in this forum. I welcome information from different points of view, but I will delete any posts expressing hostility or attempting to proselytize. This forum will remain a safe and accepting place. Thank you for understanding.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
* Fun BellaOnline forum games here.
* My books on paganism starting at 0.99 cents.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
What you said here is central to all religions in that they provide a refuge for us when we need some help. For many that are converts to a belief system it is imperative to remember that before we came into the knowledge that we now possess, we were in a state of want. We were beckoned to where we are now, not forced, not tricked, and not demanded to be there! We must allow all of humanity a comfort zone in their present condition for people to grow and if needed, experience newer and better paths in their sojourn. I am so on board with this !!!!! Thanks Ro !!!!!

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 06/16/14 12:16 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Dave, you're the best! Very well put. My best wishes to you for your new solitary practice! smile

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You are an explorer. You want to know. Nothing wrong with that. I'll have to check out Eknath Easwaran. I love learning. Religious beliefs can be so contentious. You are a brave one.

Christian, Jew, whatever the contention exists because everyone thinks that they are right. All the fighting is really unnecessary. Just discuss. Talk it out. Don't fight. I agree with you.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you, Jana. If you decide to check out any of Eknath Easwaran's books, please do let me know what you think. smile

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.