Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
LOW MAGIC versus HIGH MAGIC. Low magic seeks to influence the workings of everyday life whereas high magic aspires to raise the practitioner's consciousness and assist in spiritual growth. In the old days, CEREMONIAL MAGIC was seen as "high magic" and HEDGE WITCHES were seen as "low magic." Nowadays, most pagans combine both types of magic in their personal spiritual paths. What is the ratio of high to low magic in your spiritual path? Fifty-fifty? More high than low? More low than high?

My answer: I wish it were fifty-fifty. That would be my ideal balance. However, I'm so busy right now with secular things that I'm not even practicing much witchcraft at all. I need to get back to it. Instead, I'm only managing to meditate and contemplate the phases of the moon, but that's about it. Since no energy is being raised, shaped, and directed, by definition what I'm doing right now in my spiritual practice is neither high nor low magic. How about you?

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
* Fun BellaOnline forum games here.
* My books on paganism starting at 0.99 cents.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This week's writing prompt:

How do you relate to each of three spiritual realms: the Lower World where your ancestors and spirit animals dwell, the Middle World of the land spirits and the household guardians, or the Upper World where Deity can be found?

My answer:

I feel closest to the Lower World because that is the only place I have ever gone on shamanic journeys. I speak with both my ancestors and spirit animals there. Before I did shamanic journeys, I interacted easily with Deity, but I never actually visited the Upper World. So, while I have a close relationship with Deity, I don't know much about the Upper World and feel the weakest connection with it. As for the Middle World, that is the secular world that we all live in, so I feel the strongest connection with it. But I've only just become aware of the land spirits and household guardians that exist here, so I still have much to learn.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This week's writing prompt:

Do you have a room or a corner somewhere in your house or yard or a place nearby in nature that you consider to be your sacred space? Do you use it for ritual? Witchcraft? Meditation? Do you have a name for your sacred space such as your covenstead, your chapel, or your meditation area? Describe.

My answer:

I really don't at this point in time. The closest thing that qualifies is my desk where I also do all my writing and art. I also practice meditation there. And I have a portable altar made up of a tray with a placemat within where I can set my ritual tools and do ritual and witchcraft, but I don't yet have a permanent altar for my gods, and I would like to.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My desk is my space. Writing is my mediation so to speak depending on which form of writing I'm doing. All forms of writing can put me in a zone whether it's fiction, articles, poetry (on occasion)etc...I've even done some technical writing. Not my fave. Fiction is my first love.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Thank you for your comment, Jana. I think it might be this way for many of us. If we do creative work, our workspace is our sacred space. It is infused with our creative energy.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You're welcome. It's one of my favorite places, but it can sure wear me out at times.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Understandable. Creative work can be very intense. smile

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I wouldn't have it any other way. It's too much fun.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This week's writing prompt may sound silly, but it has the potential for good spiritual insights, especially if you are a green witch or hedge witch who works closely with plants or a Druid who works with trees:

If you could be any plant or tree in the world, what would you be and what spiritual lesson would it teach you?

My answer: If I were a California redwood tree, I would live for thousands of years. I would be one of the oldest living things on the planet. This would teach me how to let go and accept the inevitability of change and loss.

Ro Longstreet
* Wicca site and forum.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wednesday Writing Prompt for 8/6: What is your least favorite sabbat and why?

My answer: My least favorite sabbat is Ostara, but not because I have negative associations with Christianity and Easter. (Raised by atheists, remember?) I'm not sure what it is with Ostara. I feel like I connect with it less than with any other sabbat. It is the sabbat that makes me draw a blank when I try to think of how to celebrate it. Plus, it happens during what always seems to be a busy, raw, tumultuous time of the year -- March -- when the weather and everything else is unpredictable. I almost always feel put upon, trying to force myself to make time to celebrate the Ostara sabbat whereas all the other sabbats seem to fall into place when their time in Wheel of the Year rolls around.

So, I know it's not Wednesday, so I'm either early or late LOL!

OMG Ro, that's how I feel too!! I just don't connect with Ostara (or Imbolc either, for that matter).

Yet once the Spring Equinox rolls around, I'm totally in through the rest of the wheel wink

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Ro Longstreet-Wicca 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.