#875958 08/30/14 04:31 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Since everyone in the house has a cell phone, we got rid of our home phone over two years ago. I received a telemarketing call last night from the cable company. They offered a deal where if I added the home phone, my cable and internet bill would be lower. The telemarketer said, I didn't have to use the phone, just set up the account.

The problem is that it is a 2 year plan, it would only be 10 cheaper for 12 months and then it would be $25 more than I pay now. "But you get a $100 gift card," said the telemarketer. :-)

Curious, how many people have a home phone vs. who is cell phone only?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I'm changing my TV from Direct TV to going ahead and bundling it with Vyve. The Vyve people say they are installing a home phone at the same time as it's part of the bundle package at no extra cost. OTHERWISE I wouldn't have a home phone. Just cell.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Gecko
Gecko
Very typical for cable companies - this tactic is called Bait n' Switch. They want you to sign up for Home Phone because, in most cases, they are paying a per subscriber fee to use the network and pocket the difference. Time Warner Cable, for example, had a partnership with Sprint for Home Phone.

Also, don't assume that in case of an emergency, if your cell phone will not work due to an outage of the nearby cell tower(s), your home phone will still work. Today most home phone plans are VOIP, so if your Internet is down or the phone battery is dead and there is no power to charge it, you will not have your home phone during this type of emergency.

diamond engagement rings
*www.encoredt.com
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Thanks Encore. I didn't know any of this. More things to consider to form my NO answer. smile

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Yes and all have cords. I do have one cordless that is supposed to be for my computer and television room but I am too lazy to program it (and its 1 that is very easy) and mom also has one that I was supposed to program too and that one too I am too lazy (anyway she does not want to use it - it came with another phone that has a cord). There is no way that I will end up with just a cell phone as a phone. And I only use my cell phone when out and only to take and receive calls, maybe one day if I get a job where I need a smart phone I will get one, in the meantime I have a simple flip phone.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.