Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I read several different books at once, keeping them on my iPad for when I have spare moments to read. Some are Male-Female romance novels about relationships between men and women; and some are LGBT romance novels with lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgendered characters.

Please drop by this thread and let me know what Male-Female romance novels you happen to be reading. I love new recommendations! All I ask is please no plot spoilers on this thread. If you'd like to discuss a plot in detail, please start a new thread with a "spoiler" warning label, and we can discuss it there.

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:08 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Anyway, I just finished a fun historical romance, sort of a pre-Regency, that will definitely get a review: Pleasing the Pirate (link goes to Amazon.com) by Sharon Cullen. Good characters, good writing with deep third-person viewpoint the way I like it, and only 0.99 cents!

Now I'm about halfway through a fascinating paranormal romance that I'm sure a lot of you have already devoured: Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh, the first book in her Guild Hunter series. She has a huge following and for good reason. Such amazing world-building!

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:08 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Just finished Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh. Wow! That one definitely gets a review. That fight sequence near the ending was epic. I kept thinking how amazing it would have looked filmed as a movie.

Right now, I'd like to start what looks to be a couple of contemporary traditional romances that a publicist has sent me NetGalley widgets for. There is nothing wrong with the widgets or NetGalley, but ... The books are going to my Amazon.com account as "personal documents." According to Amazon, they are then being downloaded to my iPad Kindle app, but I can't find them! My first time doing this, so I'm sure I'm overlooking something.

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:09 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Okay, I have sort of figured out the NetGalley thing. At least I am able to get the advance reader copies (ARCs) protected by DRM to download to my computer, though the intricacies of transferring them to my Kindle app on my reading devices still lies beyond me.

Anyway, right now I'm reading DELECTABLE by a new-to-me author Adrianne Lee, which will be coming out May 27th from Hachette Book Group's romance imprint Forever. And so far, it's got me hooked into the characters and the smooth writing. This is a traditional contemporary romance set in Montana and featuring a couple teetering on the brink of divorce who may be able to reconcile through running a pie café. I hope to do a detailed review soon.

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:10 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Reading onward in DELECTABLE, a traditional contemporary romance by Adrianne Lee. Book hero is really into fishing, and also still emotionally drawn to his perhaps soon-to-be-ex wife. On page 40 or so of the ARC, he watches her walking away from him and realizes he's
Quote:
"as entranced as a salmon watching a silver flasher."
Nice character-centric interior dialog!

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:11 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Okay, so I finished DELECTABLE by Adrianne Lee, and it turned out to be a cute, fun romance. There was a plot twist at the halfway point (a secret revealed by hero Quint) that made me roll my eyes, but the rest of the story managed to redeem this. So I get to review it, yay! Review coming soon. Very soon, in fact, because the book releases tomorrow, I believe. I'll get the buy link put in here on the forum as soon as it is available.

There was also a recipe for cherry pie in the back that looked wonderful! And there was an excerpt for the upcoming sequel DELICIOUS in what looks like a loosely connected series planned around the characters of this first book. DELICIOUS centers on the pastry chef Jane and Nick, one of Quint's friends, and it looks to be a strong plot with potential.

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:12 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
So now I'm reading BABY, IT'S YOU by Jane Graves. This too releases on May 27, and I'll include a buy link here as soon as it's available. Ever notice how generic these romance novel titles are? I mean, good luck remembering a title if you read as much as we fans do. smile But this particular novel is not generic at all, not so far. I'm impressed by the characterization.

Kari is a flighty, impulsive, intuitive girl who has spent her life under the wing of her stern, wealthy father who has even picked out the man she is supposed to marry (a rising star in his corporation who is a younger version of himself). The book opens when she runs away from her own wedding.

Marc is a gruff vineyard owner who has just spent the past 18 years as a single parent to a daughter he has raised since he became a father at age 17. That's right, he's only 35 and he's never had a chance to be irresponsible or have any fun. Now that he has just taken his daughter off to the dorms to start her first year of college, he hopes to enjoy the single unattached life.

But then these two run into each other in a very picturesque way. Talk about opposites attract. At the end of chapter 3, a MAJOR complication is introduced into Kari's life. Nice!

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:13 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Val-

I read Baby, It's You after your great review. You were spot on. I loved it! One part I particularly liked was the whole animal theme running throughout the town and the book.

I will have to read more books by this author.

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:13 PM.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Sandra, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! I liked the animal / pet theme as well. I'll be keeping this author in mind. Thanks again for commenting! smile

Last edited by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk; 07/17/14 01:14 PM.

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.