Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
You are so welcome Lestie.

I struggle with my self image every day and right now overeating. What triggers my disease is stress.

Having had to walk away from the relationship I had for the last 4 years and starting over has not been easy. But EACH day I get right back up and TRY to do better than the day before.

I am so GLAD to see that you care as too many times people do not pay attention to the signs. In my family, people are talked about - no one offers to help or listen.

I have tried to explain this to my only child, now 25 as it is sometimes a trend that continues to future generations if it is not understood and dealt with.

My addiction is food - her father's is drugs, alcohol and living on the edge. I have had to forbid her from talking about him like everyone else does in his family. It took me several years to get to the point of understanding his demons. He was there for me and her the best he could. I don't know if she understands how serious these issues can be and as I observe her each day since I am staying with her for now - I am concerned.

All I can hope is that she learns something from my life as I have been very open with her about it. Sometimes we cannot save people from themselves - only they can.

Anyway, did not mean to be so long...

Hugs,

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 09/03/12 12:57 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
I
I
I definitely have food addiction. I can stay "sober" for a couple of weeks but then everything falls a part and I go ALL IN, offsetting any progress that I had made previously. Coincidentally I was at a seminar last night, they talked about small steps. There is a huge scale between eating healthy and unhealthy. Instead of taking the giant leap of going from unhealthy to healthy they discuss taking a gradual approach. Baby steps. Improving the various areas that make up healthy eating slowly so it becomes rooted and consistent. It made a lot of sense to me, got a kind of A-HA moment. So I will try this approach going forward

Shark
Shark
i' so sorry to hear that, and hope you are better now. It seems that may young children has the symptom of "food addition"

Nbeads, finding the best beading accessories for you.
R
R
Food Addiction is like any other Addiction and you must fight against it I don't invite my enemies to my home so I don't let myself buy sweets and chocolates. It is easier to control myself in the shop So, if you are unemployed it must be harder Dr. Rachel Cohen Fridheim Political and Historical Sociology thin with fat history

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Our bodies are set up to crave sweets. We evolved in a time when high calorie foods could save us from death. In modern times most of us are not at risk of starving to death, but those same underlying cravings exist for a reason. When we feel stress, we fall back on those "safety measures". And since there are so many stressors around us, they easily add up ...

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.