logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I got better groceries than I would have got at the grocery store! Loads of fresh fruits, some meats, loads of veggies, croissants, bread (a little on the sturdy side), and snacks plus a really large creamer for my coffee from Dunkin'Donuts. I also got several packaged salads with pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese on top.
i was really happy and grateful to get these things. It's been hard trying to stretch the budget the last few months.
And I got a cheesecake from Trader Joe's!
The people there were really nice and they told me if there was a birthday or some other happening, to call them ahead and they would reserve a CAKE for me. Imagine that! WOW!!!!!

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Daisybun, I am really happy to hear of your experience! I've found food pantries to be wonderful resources, full of good, healthy food, and lots of staple items a person needs. Good for you on taking care of yourself this way. :-)

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thanks Jilly! I went to the one in Prescott Valley -- Yavapai Food Bank and they were great. I got a better bunch of groceries than if I had shopped. I wouldn't have bought all those fruits and veggies for one thing. I would have shopped a lot unhealthier. They really work a great nutritional balance there. I see that Shamrock Farms in Phoenix will be donating gallons and gallons of milk to food banks for every win or point (something like that) that the Diamondbacks make in their games. And I also heard they are offering some kind of game to consumers to donate extra products on top of that. Milk is the most requested item at food banks and the least donated so they are really trying to help with that.

Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
I am also signed up for Food Plus that comes from St. Mary's Food Bank in Phoenix. I pick up a box from them monthly up here in Prescott. It contains 2 pounds of cheese, 2 quarts of milk, 3 canned fruits, 4 canned veggies, a jar of peanut butter, some kind of large canned meat or tuna, 2 pounds of macaroni, etc. Food Plus is a program for those over 60 that helps with nutritional supplementing. Most communities have a program like this for the elderly or those with young children. You can do this in addition to having food stamps. PLUS in May every year we are given an extra $30 in vouchers to the farmer's markets so we can load up on fresh veggies through October.

Last edited by daisybun; 05/30/14 08:40 AM.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great deal on the food box. You could certainly survive on those things if you had to.

I like that Diamondbacks is doing that program - makes me happy when companies choose to do good.

I've noticed Arizona is really great with the food pantries. I need to look around at some of the other states. Anyone know?

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.