logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
OP Offline
K
The majority of the students get nervous, when it comes to write dissertation, because of its length. They think that since their dissertation will contain lot of pages, they will never be able to write it successfully and effectively.

When you are asked to write your custom dissertation, your professor expects that you will write a top quality custom dissertation and stay away from plagiarism completely. Professors want students to be allergic to plagiarism and work hard to write an informative custom dissertation from scratch. No matter how hard students try, they still end up plagiarizing their dissertation. Thus, a certain percentage is acceptable.

Distinctiveness is something that your professor wants to see in your custom dissertation. If you fail to make your dissertation unique, you will fail to get your degree. There are exactly countless resources available online where you can obtain the desired information. However, what matters is that how you present the information in your dissertation. If you don�t pay attention, you will plagiarize your dissertation instead of writing a custom dissertation.

You need to have access to online libraries to access relevant books for information and references. You will, of course, already have access to your own school library, but if you think its not enough then you can always find top quality libraries online to find appropriate sources for your custom dissertation. Other than online libraries, you may also refer to encyclopedia and other powerful resources where authentic and effective information is available.

So, once you have access to reliable sources and when you know what sort of information will be appropriate for your dissertation, then ensure that you do not copy past anything at all. Make your dissertation unique by presenting all the information in your own words. Even in this condition, you will be required to provide references. So, follow the citation style required by your professor and quote the sources properly.

Never blame your dissertation for being lengthy. Instead, blame your research skills if you are scared of writing your long dissertation. Improve your research skills and ask your professor for effective sources online. This way, you will be done with your dissertation in a timely manner.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 04/03/11 01:03 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Hmmmm. I can positively attest to the fact that not one iota of my dissertation was plagiarized. If it had been, the members of my committee, some of the top individuals in my field, would certainly not have slapped the letters Ph and D after my name. Further, having taught college kids, I gotta say, a certain percentage of plagiarism is never acceptable. JMHO.

Laura Delgado, Ph.D.
Sons Editor
Parakeet
Parakeet
As a current graduate student, and someone thinking of possibly going on to do the PhD, I don't know of anywhere where just restating existing content in your own words is sufficient rather than doing original research or in rare cases drawing new conclusions based on novel combinations of existing research (ie person A showed that x->y and person B showed that n->m, but no one yet has realized that y=n so x->m and this is what that implies.) Even my bachelor's thesis required original interpretations!

Julie

BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
"No matter how hard students try, they still end up plagiarizing their dissertation. Thus, a certain percentage is acceptable."

I disagree completely with these statements. A writer can't "accidentally" plagiarize something, really. Either they write something in your their words or they don't.

All of my professors have been very clear that they allow NO plagiarism.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I completely agree with Laura, Julie and Lisa. There is never an instance where plagiarism is ok and I would actually be quite concerned about the quality of a school that considered any amount of plagiarism acceptable.

Nicole Amos, Graduate School Editor
Graduate School website
R
R
Yes rightly said, if there is Plagiarism, that simply treated as copy, and cant accepted by any School, no matter how you have presented them. Now many school and colleges started paid software to cheek Plagiarism.

Moderated by  Nicole-Graduate School 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.