Page 1 of 2 1 2
E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
With all the reading devices available now, we have our choice as to how we want to read our favorite mystery stories. Although I have a Kindle, I still prefer holding a book in my hand - whether it is paperback or hardcover.

What about you? Are you using a Kindle or Nook, or some other form of reader? Or, do you prefer the "old fashion" way and read page-turning books?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Books definitely. For me very good book is: 1. Book of Truths - Joseph Babinsky 2. Trilogy - Trough The Mist, The Life Elysian, Gates of Heaven by Robert James Lees Both are spiritual book, where in first book we have medium who is channeling many high level angels who all speaking about this world from there perspective, it is much different than we imagine. Second Trilogy begins when Priest try to safe little boy from speeding chariot and wake up on green grass with child in his arms in spirit world and his experience trough spirit world. If someone decides to read the books I hope you will enjoy in them as much as I did.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Neno, thanks for letting us know your favorite books. They sound fascinating and certainly seem like a good series of stories.

I agree about the books - my favorite reading time is holding a book in my hand and allowing myself to get into the story.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I prefer the Kindle app on my iPad. You can't beat the convenience of being able to stop reading if you encounter a description and then being able to switch to another screen, access the internet, and bring up Google maps or images to look at whatever foliage, landmark, or street address that the story happened to mention. And then just go right back to the story, all within seconds, all without having to get up. I do this all the time.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Wow, Val, that sounds so cool. I have a very basic Kindle and it certainly doesn't do all that. I would love to have the ability to switch to other screen accessing the Internet. I do use Google maps or earth at times, especially when it's a foreign country. Being able to do that within a reader sounds like so much fun. Guess I better put it on my Christmas list!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'm addicted to the instant look-up. I was even before the internet when I actually had to put the novel down and reach for a paper dictionary, but this situation with accessing the internet on a different screen on the same reader is light years beyond that. I also do it to access Google Translate -- which I know I have to take with a grain of salt smile -- when I run across foreign phrases in a book. At least I get the general gist of the phrase. It's really a nice feature.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I've never tried Google Translate - I'll have to check it out.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Google Translate gives some weird, fractured results. I've tried it on the few bits of Spanish and French that I know and have found that it sometimes doesn't match up. I would never recommend that a writer put together dialog in another language using Google Translate (not without running the results past a native speaker), but it's good enough for a quick look when you're reading to get the context.

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
I was just on Facebook and someone had commented using three words - I think they were Spanish, but not sure. I clicked on the "translation" link and it turned up the same three words followed by (translation by Bing). Oh well. wink

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
I prefer the Kindle app on my iPad. You can't beat the convenience

Val-

I love having a book in hand, but kindle is making it hard to stay committed. Somethings are easier when the book is in front of me (referring back to things).

That said, for the same reasons as Val, I love Kindle on my iPhone. Plus, I also have it on my laptop so, I can pickup where I left off on either device. And of course, it travels well.

Also, my daughter has recently found this new app called "Spritz" which makes reading faster easy. This is perfect for people like us that have to review books. I don't love it for enjoying a good book, but for quick reading to review a book, it is perfect. You just load the kindle book into the spritz app. I increased my reading time by 45%.

Finally, I am starting to clear my home of excess items and most of what is left is books. So, I really need to make the switch where I can.

Yvonnie DuBose
Inspiration
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Edie - MysteryBooksEd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.