Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I am very pleased to get a chance to talk with other romance fans. Here is a link to my background information if you're curious. I am also the topic editor for the Fiction Writing site here at BellaOnline and have been for almost a year.

I am looking for good recommendations on romance books, especially ones with humor. Or good romantic suspense. Please give me a post here in the forum if you know of any!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Val,

Congratulations! I look forward to discussing romance novels with you. I, too, like romance novels with humor. One author I like is Julia Quinn. Her romances lean towards the humorous. I always enjoy reading about the Bridgertons and Smythe-Smiths.

I know there are others, but my middle-aged brain can't seem to think of them right now. But I read a lot of romances so when I find one or remember an author I will share it here.

Looking forward to your reviews and finding more good romances to read.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Sandra, thank you, and that's terrific that you're also a romance fan, especially of humorous romances! I will check out your recommendation. Characters named "the Smythe-Smiths"? That's already worth a chuckle. My predecessor's reviews mention Sandra Hill's Viking series for humorous romances, so I will be checking them out, too. A title like The Very Virile Viking? There HAS to be some humor in that one!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
I'll check out Sandra Hill's series. Funny how the mind works. It jogged my memory for another series that I found humorous. Katie Lane writes books set in contemporary Texas. Her Deep in the Heart of Texas novels are quite good in my opinion. I especially loved Trouble in Texas where a straight-laced librarian inherits a house of ill-repute populated by elderly ladies of the evening. Lane got the idea from Dolly Parton's famous song about a house of ill repute in Texas.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Elderly ladies of the evening? That sounds great! I'm going to put Trouble in Texas on my reading list. Thank you, Sandra!

E
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
E
Welcome to the romance novel area of BellaOnline. I've read some of your articles on fiction writing and have thoroughly enjoyed and learned from them. While I like romance, I tend to run out of time to read them as I'm concentrating mostly on mysteries. Not enough hours in the day to read all the novels I want to. LOl! Hope you enjoy your new "gig" and that you have a great time reviewing books. I see you have made some changes and that's great - opening up a whole new world to a lot of people.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thank you, Edie, and thank you so much for the kind words on my fiction writing articles and my changes on the romance site! I hear you about only having so much time in the day for reading. But I love mysteries and read a ton of them. Sometimes I get so involved in the mysteries that I have to ration them out to make sure I have time to read everything else! I'll be dropping by your site/forum for sure to get some recommendations. smile

Moderated by  Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.