logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Wolf
Wolf
If you no longer want the relationship, tell your partner. Ignoring does not help.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I agree. Its totally rude. I mean how hard can a message o email saying look Im sorry its not your fault I just dont see this working for me. Wish you all the best blah blah. I recently had this happen to me. And it left me questioning myself. I did ask if it was something I did wrong. Nothing. My question how do you have a intensive relationship well it was, then after weeks and he even sent me flowers turn to dust. I just feel like the biggest looser. And to make matters worse I still see him on the dating site regularly on line looking for whatever.....Totally weird

D
Amoeba
Amoeba
D
Not the best way to end relationship, especially for the dumpee( worst case scenario), everyone needs closure and if one person decides to walk out just like that without a word healing process gets disturbed. It will take the dumpee a long time to get closure on her/his own and that prolongs recovery process. To end a relationship that way you really have to be a heartless person, and have no respect for your now "insignificant" one.

Last edited by Dorcie's; 10/11/14 12:01 AM.
C
C
That's a pretty bad thing to do. Why would you en something like this......I prefer to call and clear my way out of the situation rather then keeping them hanging.

M
M
Ignoring is not the solution of anything, If you want to breakup just let your partner know. One can have guts for relation then he/she must have guts for facing that phase too.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
I think it's the coward's way out. Someday I might be the exact person he needs and then see how I don't return HIS calls.

Former Chocolate Editor. Also known as Daisybun.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
You're right. Breaking up by ignoring someone is cowardly. It's also selfish and immature. But let's face it: Many people are selfish, immature, and cowardly when it comes to having to face a hard task.

No one likes to have to give someone bad news. It makes us feel bad. What people don't realize though that it is far kinder to give someone bad news directly than to leave that person with a million unanswered questions that will torment them for years.

The problem is that many men and women will fight a break-up. They want explanations or reasons to defend the relationship, and who wants to have to fight their way out of a relationship? Then, weaker personalities will try to hang on. "I'll be better" "Just tell me what I'm doing wrong" or "We can make this work."

It's important to use words that make it clear you want to break up and nothing will change your mind about that. "I'm sorry but it's time for both of us to move on. This isn't working for me but I know that there's someone else out there who is just right for you."

When the person tries to plea or argue, be firm and don't be tempted to tell him/her everything that you don't like about him/her. "It's best if we don't rehash everything or have to point out all the ways we don't work. It'll just make us feel bad. We're both adults and can do what's right and what's right is to appreciate the good things we had but move on when I am sure that this relationship is not for me any longer. It really has been good knowing you, and I wish you well."

You can even email, text or leave a phone message. It's tacky but better than ignoring someone.

S
S
It happened to me and I was really lost. didn't know what to think about this person and didn't know what to do too. Fortunately, I finally received an answer after several days but I don't get the point of view of people doing that. I think they are just too weak and don't respect other...

A
A
I think those people who break up the relationship without saying a word are just scared. It can be by any reason: they don't want to hurt your feelings or don't want to put themselves in an awkward position...But in the reality they just don't respect the person they break up with. I hate when the person just can't give me a clear answer if something went wrong. If it's over then it's over, but you must tell about it. Everybody deserves to know the truth no matter how hurtful it can be.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.