Page 1 of 2 1 2
#143560 11/02/02 10:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have this cat who likes to eat my hair when I'm laying down..sometimes he actually bites my scalp!! Is this normal? What can I do to stop this?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
#143561 11/03/02 07:19 AM
Gecko
Gecko
Hi Lisa,

I have had several cats who do this. I guess it falls within the range of normal cat behavior. As for what to do about it.... I cover my head up or move :-) The licking/biting eems to show feline affection.

Anne

#143562 11/04/02 11:47 AM
Elephant
Elephant
I have a couple of friends who have owned Abyssinians, and they all seem to have a definite "hair fetish" as far as breeds go. If the humans in question are a bit sweaty, the cats seem to get into it even more.

They don't seem to do it out of familial grooming behavior, like when they lick their fellow cats, but then again, they don't do it to total strangers either.

In either case, the groomed humans just have to keep their hair to themselves if they want to stop the cats.

- Rae

#143563 11/05/02 12:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the answers!

It's nice to know that the cat loves me. Today she started nibbling my ear as I was attempting to nap this afternoon! How about that for affection?

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Rae,

I own 2 cats. One is a big lump and the other Miss Kipper is a mix siamese domestic. She has this fetish with the water dish. It doesn't matter where I place the water bowl, but she HAS to move it like 2 feet with her paw, sometimes spilling it all over the place. And several times a day, I have to move it back...strange..I don't know why she does that.

G
G
All of our cats love to do this. I like laying in the floor and letting them love on me this way. Sure, sometimes it is painful, but I can't resist the purrs all around. It's a nice bonding experience.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
My cat Asia eats plastic bag we can't have any plastic around
I did a little research and found out some bags are made with a fish base oil??
Just think of the cats out side how many get very sick or die from the bags out there on the ground
I think Asia's father was a goat lol
he eats the darnedest things frown

Rosie L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Rosie,

I didn't know this. It is sad to think of the outside cats eating something like this and getting sick. Hard to believe fish oil would be in plastic bags. Makes you wonder what other weird ingredients are in the things we use.

I'll make sure to watch my cats for this. So far no bag eating.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

Just came across this article

"An attraction to plastic is a common scenario encountered by feline practitioners. Exactly why cats like plastic remains unknown, although several theories abound. Some people have speculated that cats like the coolness of the plastic, or the texture on their tongue, or perhaps the sound it makes when they lick. The most logical reason I’ve heard, however, is that cats like licking or eating plastic bags because rendered animal fat (also called “tallow”) is utilized during the manufacture of some plastic bags, and that some cats can detect the smell and enjoy the taste. Other versions of this explanation have implicated petroleum products and gelatin as the enticing ingredients. Gelatin, in fact, is used in the manufacture of many items including the emulsion used in photographs, which may explain why my own carnivorous cat, Emma, enthusiastically licked clean all of my unattended family photos one afternoon. I’ve never been able to confirm the tallow-petroleum-gelatin theory, so CatFancy readers should not take this as the gospel truth. But it sure makes sense to me."

Rosie L
M
M
I have 4 cats and 2 of them try to bite my hair, I have no idea why...I guess they think it's a play toy! I don't let them..or they would pull it all out!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.