I am sure by now everyone has heard of the Heartbleed Bug. It is certainly scary. I have changed my most crucial passwords. I think it would be difficult to change all the passwords. After all there are some websites that I haven't used in years and they are minor in security.

It is very unsettling when considering financial sites. I would suggest changing your passwords just to be secure. Most of the financial sites have extra security and so far they do not seem affected by Heartbleed.

It is a good idea to change your passwords every 6 months anyway. I know it is a hassle, but it is added security. And always logoff your account when done. Plus, log out of your browser. Small steps like these can really help with security. I know it is small comfort since Heartbleed occurred on the companies' websites end and could not be prevented by what consumers did. Hopefully the companies will learn from this and be safer going forward. As I said, most of the financial sites do not seem to be affected at this date.

What do you think about this issue? Have you changed your passwords? Do you have any security suggestions to offer?

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage