Next Thread
Print Thread
#859803 03/20/14 06:22 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Think twice before you buy that next pair of six inch heel designer pumps. Those beauties look good in the store display. They might look fabulous on your feet, but the gorgeous skyscraper heels are triggering long term foot problems that might last well into your older years.
High Heel Warnings

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi BB and everyone,

Oh dear but I am showing my age as some would say but I remember what a treat it was to get your first pair of heels at around age 15. I believe it was thought that your legs had matured enough to be able to handle the elevated walking.

Well, 6 inch heels besides, I now see young girls of around 4 and 6 and 8 years wearing up to 2 inch heels. They 'lope' along, pitched forward, scraping their heels along the floor and making a noise as they try to look 'all growed up.'

Each to his and her own I guess, but as a Mom I would never do this to my child - not for vanity or fashion or peer pressure's sake... nope.

Still, high heels do look great on a good pair of legs not so! I don't think they will ever go out of fashion, no matter how many health warnings there are.

Cheers now from a whenwe ... you know, those people who say 'when we were...' tut tut! Smile now!

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 03/20/14 07:15 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks for your reply. I agree with you that high heels are here to stay. It seems fashion is favorable over comfort and health. I have several female friends who live in high heels and they wonder why they develop bunions, corns, and calluses!

H
H
Very good content and your comment - fashion is favorable over comfort and health is truly true will never recommend these heels now

M
M
this is 100% correct. it happens all the time whether its shoes or dress etc.

Heels are very prominent among ladies specially 6 inches heel foot wears. If one is planning to wear it for the first time then please first get use to wearing high heels of 4 inches. Wearing 6 inches heel creates a lot of problem like repeatedly unbalancing while walking, pain in lower feet and toes, reddish swollen spots near fingure.

E
E
warnings are no doubt not ignorable but heels just adds in the personality of women. I personally like heels.

T
Amoeba
Amoeba
T
true it happens all the time.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Thanks everyone for your very insightful replies.

Moderated by  BB -Body Care 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.