Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Each one of us can open up his/herself to receive inspiration--in fact, we need to, every day. Here's what writer Kurt Vonnegut has to say about it:

"Go into the arts. I'm not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way of making life more bearable. Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."

To which I add: you will have received your taste of that gift of the Holy Spirit. More on this subject:

Creativity
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art41698.asp

Importance of the Arts
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art38548.asp

Last edited by Cheryll - Bahá'í Life; 03/18/14 12:31 PM.

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
My husband once considered the Baha'i Faith, actually all faiths before the closest to home was Spirituality, Buddism and Baha'i.

Normally, I would agree, a great deal w/pretty much anything that has to do w/Spirituality.

I can't remember the post (name) that quote that presents "the Arts" are not that of a living. I have to disagree.

The "Arts," (individuality), what a Soul is actually quite talented by, born into this world with, etc...

I believe whole-heartedly, if done w/persistent-intent of a positive nature, it most certainly pays off.

Reason being?

As Beings of biological form, we most certainly flock instinctually to the Truth. Blossoming to that which you've been brought into this world for...will bring just that. You won't even need advertising - that will come by "word-of-mouth." wink

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I think what Kurt Vonnegut (not the Baha'i writings) was saying is that one's attitude towards the Arts should neither be that they are useless play, nor purely a source of material gain, but of growth of the spirit. I agree with you that pursuing what the soul finds worthy and refreshing will have the best results, some of which might even be material.

Cheryll Schuette
Bahá'í Site
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I don't really know who "Kurt" is - it's simply my observance of what happens when one falls into ones own...their gifts, whatever those may be.

To me, "Kurt" is just a name. I really don't follow namesakes. But from an aerial level, there really is synchronicity when one simply goes forth w/pure intention. As beings, there's almost 2 distinctives.

One, a following of material gain. The artificials, the advertisements, etc.

Another, separate channel of energy in which material gain follows simply because it's almost a light so to speak, and the people or the Souls, rather are drawn to them. smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.