logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#859469 03/16/14 09:01 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi All. I'm just looking for a little support, as a first time Mom. Today seems to be a rough day and I guess I'm just feeling a little sorry for myself... I'm missing "me time" and the freedom of not having a little person hanging off me 24 hours a day. I'm frustrated with my husband. It all seems so easy for him because our little one (1.5 years old) doesn't hang on him like she does me and he makes me feel like I somehow created the issue (maybe I have???!?). I didn't expect it to be this way and I'm having a moment in which I feel kind of "trapped." What do any other moms do when they feel this way?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I remember those moments… still have them sometimes. smile

quick answer -

Can you leave the house for a bit? Take a break and rejuvenate with a friend?

If not, call another mother. Get out. Go to the park. Just be in the presence of another mom.

Spend some time thinking about where/when you can seize time for yourSelf. Think about the things you were/still are passionate about and how you might do something to nurture yourSelf on a regular basis.

Do something as simple as reading "mom quotes" to inspire yourself, laugh a bit.
Eat chocolate. But not too much.

Hang in there!!

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site
S
OP Offline
S
Hi Lisa, Thank you! And it means a lot to know I'm not alone and that others have those moments. I'm kind of an introvert and so I really don't have a lot of close friends, especially "Mom" friends, who can keep me grounded and put it into perspective. That's why it was nice to get your response - I'm going to take your suggestions and think about nurturing myself more. And, try to link up with some other Moms just to have a bit of support. Thank you!

L
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
L
I can relate. I am an introvert as well. All you need is one friend - sometimes it's even a stranger at a park. Or just being in the presence of other mothers (you don't even have to speak to them). smile

I hope that you are having a better day.

Lisa Pinkus

Moms Site

Moderated by  Lisa - Moms, Traci - Moms 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.