Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#728972 12/05/11 09:49 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Bella Family:

The last time I got the flu was in September of this year, felt it coming my way a few days ago, finally arrived yesterday morning.

Okay, did the usual theraflu routine, but was wondering how you handle the flu?

Personally I know that when my "immune" system is drained from either too much stress, not eating right or not sleeping enough - mother nature gets my attention really quickly and forces me to slow down.

Yep, had big plans to do some laundry (hand wash, put outside on clothes line) - but knew that if I insisted on doing this yesterday after dragging home from the office - it would only prolong my misery.

I can giggle now, but years ago as a single parent (one child, a girl now 25) - I could not slow down when my body said to - and spent too many weeks in misery.

Now at age 53, with a wonderful 57 year old man who forced me to get in the bed yesterday - I have the luxury of "listening" to what my body is telling me. Slow down, get well and go back and do things differently this time around or you will be right back in the bed.

Now your turn...

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Well this is day #3 of what I think is the flu, at work and so want to be in the bed. But finished up the last of the theraflu that was at the house, now waiting for mother nature to kick in and do something.

Have a meeting with the Labor Department today at 12noon and trying to figure out if I need to take come cough medicine or skip the meeting.

Oh well, time will tell...

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
You need to boost your immune system so you can get well and not get sick again.

Here are some Recipes to help boost your immune system. They are easy things like using fresh garlic and cayenne pepper.

Also, add lots of probiotics to your diet. I eat cultured veggies which I make myself every day and I think this helps keep me from getting sick.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks BoomerGal

A
A
Angela, You are right about letting your body rest, when dealing with the flu and I would like to add a big helper to building up your immune system is to take what is known as a thymus glandular,(that restores the gland that makes and houses your immune cells). Called B-T and Killer T-cells. You can buy this Thymus glandular at: www.vitacost.com, and the one I have taken for 30 years is Nutricology, and have avoided all colds and flues during that time. The product # NUC 713947516106, 75 vegitarian capsules for $14.47 each. I keep my whole family on this health saver. I do not receive compensation or am affiliated with them in any way.

L
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
L
I try to not get sick to begin with. When I start to feel tired or run down, i take extra vitamin c and start dosing with colloidal silver. During flu season, I take sambucol. It's worked for years. If I do get the flu, I take oscillococcinum. It seems to cut down on the duration.

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
We only rarely get sick too and I believe the secret is an ultra healthy immune system. We drink green smoothies daily, exercise and eat lots of fruits and veggies, no processed or fast food and no sugar to speak of.

S
S
Do the green smoothies taste good?

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.