I have been dating my boyfriend for the past 3 years..we've lived together for the past 2 years and we have a one year old daughter (I have two other daughters). I've known him for 20 years and have dated him off and on over that time. For the past two years (since he's moved in) I have been walking on egg shells because his anger scares me. I have heard stories that he has beat other girls and of course I didn't hear this until too late. I am always afraid to speak up or say anything that might upset him. Any arguements have only been verbal until last week. He has always belittled me which I just realized was happening by saying things like "no wonder you have gestational diabetes because you can't control your eating sugar and junk all of the time" etc. He got angry last week because I told him I would handle getting the kids ready for school so he could leave. He turned on me with the most angry face. I tried to remain calm and have a calm conversation with him however when he claimed I didn't keep the house cleaned upand I said maybe he should help he turned away picked up a box (with stuff in it) and threw it across the room I was in. Our one year old was standing therein between us. The box hit the wall bounced off and hit a cup of water on the night stand spilling it everywhere. He grabbed my work bag to throw it also and I grabbed it out of his hand. I told him to get out but he wouldn't leave. I had to calm down and get the kids ready to get out. Things have been just kind of blah since then. I am afraid things are going to get worse. Has anyone experienced this kind of situation and what happened.