logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#858881 03/10/14 12:57 AM
L
OP Offline
L
Hi guys! I'm Laura and I will be the future editor for Home Improvement at www.BellaOnline.com. I hope we will talk a lot from now on. I do have some questions for you: What would you like me to write about? If you have a specific subject in mind, please let me know! Have a great week!

Last edited by Laura - Home Improvement; 03/10/14 12:58 AM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Welcome Laura - I look forward to reading your articles ... I am always looking for quick tips on how to improve things at home or how to change things around - it's the holiday I seek I think!

Anyway, maybe you could offer some advice on wallpaper in general and then for bathrooms in particular.

Another subject I would be interested in reading about is replacing old-fashioned windows with sliding ones. I guess these can turn out to be an expensive item, but may be worth the investment considering the pleasure they will give.

My last question is to ask you what you think about stained glass windows in the main entrance door and do they enhance a home or detract from it? A friend of mine has just put her house up for sale, and the property consultant has suggested that she should remove and replace the stained glass.

The agent says that it dates the house and potential buyers may be put off because it tells them that the house is an old one (even though it is well renovated) and all is working and comfortable.

Thanks for the nonce,

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 03/10/14 02:43 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
L
OP Offline
L
You know what they say : beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Regarding the house of your friend : it is not up to the agent to tell her what to do and what not to do. Maybe she will find a buyer who loves stained glass. All depends on taste! Lately the trend is ascending regarding the stained glass... if you search on google you will find amazing designs made on glass. So tell your friend not to be discouraged, she will definitely find someone who will love the house just as it is! As for wallpaper, just say what you have in mind, and we'll talk from there! Great week!

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hi Laura,

I was just wondering about whether to use wallpaper in the bathroom or to stick to tried and true washable paint. I have only just begun this part of the redecorating for two rooms, a study and a bedroom, and with all the designs out there I thought that wallpaper might be a way to go. It will surely add interest.

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
L
OP Offline
L
Usually you can use tiles and hones for bathroom - you can find in any color and combination. But if you want to use wallpaper, you have to be careful to choose one that is a little more resistant to moisture... And of course, choose what YOU like, not what others tell you... :irish: For example... if you change the appliances in the bathroom too - get those first and set them. Then make a picture, and go to a store or a deposit where you find wallpaper.. and just follow your heart... if you find something you like put the photo next to it. If you think you will stand it in the bathroom... just buy it. It's easy, trust me! Just don't make your bathroom too 'crowded' with colors! :)

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Laura,

Glad to have you here. I loved your first article on butterflies.

Sandra Baublitz, Investing/Home Finance Editor
Investing Website
Home Finance Website
Sandra Baublitz Author Webpage

L
OP Offline
L
Thank you so much, Sandra! :) I'm still in training :P Hugs!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.